Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

I was always thinking of the synth as a bonus so I’m not really put off by that side of it for sound/ui. More interested in it as a sampler/sequencer. Looks very cool in that respect…

Except browsing (and trimming/slicing?) :confused: I’m struggling to understand the thinking behind that tiny ass screen… Browsing through a decent sized full memory card is going to be a nightmare. Screens like that probably sufficed on old gear with no memory and only a few banks/patches. Doesn’t make sense today to include the ability to have a massive library but cripple the ability to select from it… Ugh, always something :confused: Not a total dealbreaker but something that will definitely bug me often if I grab one…

2 Likes

the only thing that comes to mind is that they plan to have an iOS app or software editor like Overbridge

otherwise - yeh its baffling, but so is the inclusion of a microphone and speaker… so who knows

I don’t know how they’ll be able to sell it for their listed full price.

Yeah, ios/Android app seems like a must on this one… Could round it off pretty nicely.

I actually dig the mic/speaker :wink: Fits with the battery/portable angle. Op-1 type convenience for sofa jams/random sampling etc…

1 Like

So whats the end price $1450 or $780 I don’t get it! I’m not impressed with the sounds but the sequencer looks dope.

Launch price 780
Full Price 1450

1 Like

Why whats wrong with it? The audio sounds good from the small snippet sounds they provide on soundcloud.

$780 is ok but $1450 is way too much.

3 Likes

Agree, think they will need to settle somewhere in the middle. They are in danger of not selling too many units after the launch price.

I’m not hearing any magic in that sound snippet that makes me want to fork over that much money.

Like, it has a broad sound, but nothing that actually sounds special to me.

I’m sure it won’t sell at that price at all. It’ll drop down within 3 months of release. The reason for the high price surely has to do with increasing the launch sells

1 Like

For this type of box it will be designed to cover a broad sound, similar to the circuit, but with synth editing in the unit itself.

Its not offering anything I cant already do with my current gear, but the UI seems just more intuitive. I wont be getting into the early release but will watch and see how it progresses. GAS low - medium.

I’m looking at the advantage of this box being portable and most of the flexibility being in the sequencing department. The sounds so far seem a little boring but that could be because the showcase the full capabilities of the sound. As far as looking up and loading samples I would organize my sample folders with just 30 samples per folder that way I can quickly scroll through a given folder without getting lost.

How do you guys like the FM part and the modulation possibilities?

*The sounds so far seem a little boring but that could be because they haven’t showcased the full capabilities of the sound yet.

Cant look at the deluge videos right now, do they show how to timestretch samples?
Is the circuit a device that does this?

Instead of putting cv and gate outs x 2 they should of went for 4 audio outs plus the master stereo outs. Seems like the digital OSC lack some meat on the bone and could benefit from external processing. I could be totally wrong.

I didnt notice the timestretch being demonstrated but I flicked through some sections.
Circuit does not timestretch.