Synths with step advance

Moog Grandmother, and probably Matriarch as well.

Sequential Pro One

Toraiz AS-1.

Not certain about this, but I think Volcas/SQ-1

OB-6, Prophet 6, Prophet Rev 2.

Pro 3.

I’ve been interested in this topic too.

SH01A
KORG MONOLOGUE/MINILOGUE (?)
Microbrute
Moog Grandmother

KEYSTEP + ANY SYNTH
0ctrl + any semi modular synth

1 Like

lol I own two of those and didn’t even realize this :rofl:

I don’t use the sequencers on them often, really.

I was just gonna say SQ-1. if the OP is looking to do the trick where you program a sequence and then start to send it an odd clock (like not just straight 8th or 16th gates), if you have an SQ-1 you can do that with pretty much anything.

6 Likes

Didn’t realize the keystep could do this, which is a bonus (as I have 1). Also, the SQ1 is a cheap option, so thanks.

And yes, that’s the exact trick I’m looking to do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

it’s a classic. and great fun!

There’s also the TB-03 and the DFAM that I can think of.

1 Like

Korg Monotribe.

Evolver

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the microfreak is capable of this?

OP-1’s endless sequencer

Are you wanting to use an external trigger? Or do you mean simply the “trigger” generated by a keypress? I don’t think I’ve ever used an external trigger but that could be quite fun. I do very much love step advance from the keyboard. Happy accidents abound!

Using an external trigger/clock to advance the sequencer a step. This way you can create a sequence on the synth and then use the trigger/clock input to play it with an interesting rhythm.

1 Like

System 8 hasn’t been mentioned yet. Only the sequencer though, not the arp.

a great example:

the Drumatix is sending the rimshot trigger to the SH-101 clock input to advance the sequencer. otherwise, the SH-101 would be using the LFO to clock the sequencer.

2 Likes

Moog Mother 32.
Roland JX-3P.