Synthetics for Analog Rytm

This truly unique Sound Pack from (d) a.k.a. “glitched” will challenge your preconceptions of what a drum machine is able to do. This time only the synth engines of the Analog Rytm was used and no samples. Apart from an excellent collection of analog drums, you also get a wide selection of great synth sounds. This Sound Pack really shows that the Analog Rytm is not only a fantastic drum machine but also a really versatile synth as well. 128 patches featuring drums, synths, sfx etc. Purchase at [Elektron.se](https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/synthetics/) Check out (d) a.k.a. "glitched" at [Glitched.org](http://glitched.org)
9 Likes

Link doesn’t seem to work? (on iPad/Safari iOS10)

In any case, kudos! This might be the first official elektron.se soundpack that I will actually buy :nyan:

I’m not one for using other people’s patches but big up to the creator, had a listen and it sounds lush.

I’m looking forward on reverse engineering these synth patches myself. Dunno if I will use em as is, but I am sure there’s alot of inspiration for synthesis-based sound design for the rytm within.

BOUGHT

Thanks, guys; I appreciate the support!
Thanks again to Elektron and Cenk for employing me to create this and the A4 soundpack! It was pure joy.

I especially liked the challenge of breaking out of the 808/909 drum-sound paradigm. Yes, the AR can do those sounds, but who needs 128 more of the same ol’ thing?

Anyway, if you happen to use these sounds in a composition, please post your results!

(d)

6 Likes

Thanks glitched, purchased and just locking them in now. There’s a shed load of FM going on in the lfo sections.
The sounds are massive and unique. I love the fact that there are BD, SNs, hats and whatnot for each channel/track- thanks to impluse machines and your programming.
Congrats to you.
If you have an AR get it now - and for 10 bucks you cant go wrong.

1 Like

This pack, cuckoos new pack and the AR808 by justin valer should be on everyone’s radar who are looking for deeper insight into the rytm’s synthesis

2 Likes

Here’s a morning coffee bleep pattn I wrote quickly with the synthetics pack sounds

Everything thru my analog heat. fwiw I had to turn the overdrive down on many of the soundpack sounds, they are quite heavily dosed in overdrive for my tastes… buut YMMV as usual.

Really enjoying the synth sounds in this pack! Lots to learn here I’m sure :thup:

3 Likes

Also excited to reverse engineer these - the synth side of the AR is really interesting so these will be a great starting point. Top work! Bought.

1 Like

I never buy sound packs but found this one very useful, thanks for creating.

1 Like

Does this actually save the new sounds as a “sound” so I can browse them in other projects?

Yes ^

2 Likes

wtf, i downloaded it in the +drive but where are they all located? i think i overwritten some of the sounds from the other banks! omg, what have i done :zonked:

nvm i think i found it, i guess the “Sounds” are different from “Samples”?

Sounds are macros for all voice settings pages (synth/sample/flt/amp/lfo). There is also sound locking, where one can change the sound for any step in the seq. Check the manual, good stuff!

BTW- everyone, the 103 patch is called syn aceed for LT, MT, HT.
Sounds pretty spot on to be honest - best elektron 303 patch i’ve ever heard and its from a drum machine :3lektron:

2 Likes

I like to add a hint of noise to it (a real 303 has a funny noise in the attack portion of the sound), but it is quite close innit

Is there an official patch name list?
It’s shameful, but I can not figure out which patches installed from this pack

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

One of my favorite techniques for AR synth-sounds is using the LFO at audio-rates. That’s obvious.
The key is experimenting with: a) destinations b) fade in/out amount/polarity and c) interactions with velocity.

For AM, ring-mod style sounds, try volume, level, or even overdrive. For a simple FM sound, mate a high-rate LFO with
the machine’s tuning parameter and adjust FAD.

Certain models scream out to be turned into synth sounds. BD Plastic is great on its own, but when you animate MOD, TUN, or LEV with an LFO, you can really extend the sound-palette.

Another tip: you can have velocity modulate 4 parameters at the same time, either positively or negatively. The effect doesn’t have to be extreme; maybe you just want to “humanize” the pitch of a snare or the resonance of a BD. In many cases, I used velocity to modulate LFO speed, which was at a high multiplier, targeting tuning or filter cutoff. , I got wild zaps, metallic noises, and other, unexpected sonic interactions.

3 Likes

Cool thanks I’ll give those ideas a try out today