Synthesizer for M:S

This is a good suggestion. I haven’t tried the elecribe 2 but I love my emx-1. I think the electibes provide a lot of value for your money if you get on with the sound.

For one synth to pair with M:S under $500, I would suggest Dreadbox Typhon. Nice sounding analog synth engine, great FX, and a built-in sequencer so you don’t have to burn a track on the M:S to sequence it. Another one would be the Korg Monologue. More hands-on controls, built-in sequencer that is very fun, nice-sounding analog, and has a wooly drive circuit. Runners up would be SH-01A or JU-06A. And a plus is that these can all be battery-powered, but the Typhon would need one of those rechargeable power brick things.

2 Likes

Guys, thank you all so much for your advice. I read every message, wrote down everything you wrote in my notes! My respect!

I will think that it is worth buying in the first place. I myself tend to buy M:C. I have very limited desktop space, I have already mastered M:S decently, and I think that M:C will bring me a lot of pleasure from the synthesis. Digitakt and Digitone are certainly very good devices, but I don’t have enough money. This weekend I will install VST Vital, which is a free virtual synthesizer. I’ll record pads, atmospheres, and other pleasant sounds. Let’s see how many short sounds I can generate and how convenient it will be to use them in M:S. I may not have to buy a new device for this at all. At the moment, I am currently promoting musical minimalism. Therefore, the need for each device must be carefully evaluated from different sides.

GAS does not sleep :slight_smile:

3 Likes