Synth vs Midi Tracks

Hi friends. I’m planning on getting a Digitone but there’s one thing I haven’t quite been able to figure out.

Do the midi tracks perform independently from the synth track?
In other words, if I have a synth on Track 1, can track 1 in midi mode also control an external synth with a different pattern? or do both the Synth and external synth controlled by the Midi track have to share the same pattern/notes etc?

I can’t figure out if each track is a one or the other situation, or if they are independent meaning there are effectively 8 tracks like the manual says.

Best,
David

Yes, there are 4 synth tracks and 4 midi tracks, so 8 tracks total.

2 Likes

PERFECT!

That’s what I was hoping/thought but didn’t want to order it without knowing for sure.

Thanks so much!

1 Like

You won’t regret it!
I have a lot of synths and still think it’s the best sounding of all of them.
Also, for an FM synth, it’s surpisingly easy to make quality patches.

2 Likes

I’m obsessed with the ModelCycles, it’s become my center point for writing. It’s only downside is it has such a unique sound, it doesn’t necessarily sit well with some of the other hardware I have. I think the Digitone will gel with it better. Being able to sequence my other hardware from the same box will be a huge workflow help. I’m excited to get it and learn it.

I LOVE FM synthesis but I’m not seasoned with it. The way it’s simplified in the Cycles and Digitone is such a God send for me. I want to utilize that sound/texture but not spend years fiddling with minute details.

Thanks again!