Syntakt SY BITS = DFAM

… on just one track.

(Also, this jam uses the same trick but much more in the background: SYNTAKT Sy Bits does it all - Space Theremin, Industrial, Gabber, Acid - YouTube )

Imagine Elektron would give us a dedicated Machine for this use … with the following parameters:

TUNE, DET (but wider range), SWEP, DEC
Wave Level, Noise Level, FM Amount, OVER

Waveform is of course always square, so we don’t need a paramater for that :stuck_out_tongue:

41 Likes

SY BITS is the shit.

3 Likes

sold :partying_face:

2 Likes

What is SY BITS? Virtual Analog?

1 Like

Sort of two osc VA with noise plus sample and bit rate reduction.

It’s fucking excellent.

6 Likes

It sounds great in that clip by @Jeanne :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Damn :fire:

1 Like

It’s supposed use is for Chiptune stuff - but it’s the only syntakt machine so far that offers square wave and noise together!

8 Likes

Amazing :fire:

6 Likes

That does sound alot like dfam, nice!

3 Likes

Good work, I’ve tried to make a few things sound like a DFAM but this is better than any of my attempts!

2 Likes

Totally nailed it… and was the trigger for me. Elektron owe you one.

5 Likes

The sbit

Sorry. I had to

4 Likes

This doesn’t help me, but it helps me.

1 Like

:exploding_head:

1 Like

This groove has a cool Bjork “Army of Me” vibe to me, even though that song has real drums and a squirmy electronic bass. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I love Bjork! I have all her studio (9 of them) CD’s and she is coming out with a new one this summer!

2 Likes

Get into the mod menu and assign 4 separate parameters to velocity mod, then p-lock velocity for some macro action on an 8 step sequence. Gets you ever closer to that DFAM cable spaghetti vibe (I’ve been doing this on my Pro 2 for a couple years, good to have it in a smaller box now, plus you get 8 tracks of em)

10 Likes

Bonus points:
send all your sybits 8 step DFAM tracks to the fx block.
P-lock drive, FX, envelope, but set the fx track as an 11 step sequence. :exploding_head:

10 Likes

Stop tempting me already :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes