Syntakt for Dummies

I wish there was a “Syntakt for Dummies” thread to ask stupid questions and not to flood the forum :wink:
Stupid question: Quickest way to load, edit and save sounds?

I want to load a sound, tweak it and overwrite it.

Like one can do with Projects and FUNC+Save Proj.

I don’t want to rotate like crazy or awkwardly press+rotate the data knob to find the position i just loaded my sound from (and have to memorize the name or number in the list.)

I guess now everyone will say that it is indeed stupid since at this point it’s a copy with no connection to the saved version. However, perhaps there are possibilites to make the process quicker …

2 Likes

Once you saved it for the first time at the last free position it’s
FUNC+SOUND, YES, UP, YES, YES, YES, NO, NO :stuck_out_tongue:

But for a sound somewhere in a full bank, I don’t know a fast way.

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ways to navigate I don’t know would be helpful too. I wish there was a “page skip” and/or “skip 100” button combination, or “skip to letter” or … Press+Rotate is super awkward …

You can use the [BANK] button + one of the lower 8 keys to navigate to the correct bank. Use [FUNC] + arrow up/down to scroll quickly (well, quicker) through the sound list.

(And indeed, pressing the encoder + rotate is very cumbersome)

3 Likes

Ah! This is what I was hoping for. It didn’t occur to me because I was always holding FUNC when loading or saving, but it seems like that’s completely unnecessary. Thank you!

1 Like