Syntakt EASTER EGG (+video)

I saw a fish. It happened too quickly for me to take a picture but it was definitely a surprise :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m checking every time mine boots up. Maybe it will happen when I quit looking.

3 Likes

redemption

Had a fish pop up on my DN only two nights ago. Thought I was having an acid flashback but reckon it’s just those tricksy Elektron programmers playing silly buggers with me.

6 Likes

I just had one come up, looked like a guy (average white guy?) made of pixelated sand looking directly at you, the sand/dots moved around for a bit and then it went away…

It wasn’t the frog guy, it looked more like The MD Elvis stylistically but definitely wasn’t that.

Weird. Haven’t seen a picture of it anywhere, and I was too dumbfounded to take a picture…

Looking back at this thread, maybe it was Rick Astley?

2 Likes

Super annoyed I didn’t capture this but sometimes the metronome gets taken over by gnomes and it becomes the Metrognome. You get two little gnomes either side of the heading in the config menu.

So stupid, I thought “I should take a photo of that” just as I did something that made the screen change.

Pretty funny Elektron. Pretty funny.

7 Likes

I just found the Metrognomes!

28 Likes

And they disappear after a while or are they gone when you open the page again? I’d love to have them on constantly. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, me too !

1 Like

They disappear as soon as you come out of the metronome page

1 Like

I love more and more companies putting these little goofs in the hardware. Mini Freak doesn’t really have hidden stuff that I know of but the animations are a lot of fun.

Haha, nice! That’s what I named my track when I was working on the Octatrack metronome challenge.

1 Like

I didn’t find it !
Octatrack Metronome Only Warp Experiment Science Lab

Haha, I did it years after the fact, so it never left my machine…. I bought an OT MK2 in 2018 after the DT, MD, and MnM, and I think I followed your well suggested (not directly toward me, though) advice that the Metronome Challenge was one of the best ways to learn sound design techniques on the OT! I think it was my very first project even.

1 Like

Are these only on the Syntakt? I’ve never seen anything like this on the Digitone?

@bwo mentioned something on Digitakt, and there is Elvis on Machinedrum :

6 Likes

I‘ve seen Elvis on my MD once in 13 year of usage.

5 Likes

Maybe I would have kept my MD if I saw Elvis…

3 Likes

Have not seen this one documented yet.
Eerie stuff

19 Likes

Saw the metrognomes tonight :slight_smile:

13 Likes