Syntakt +drive

Would agree, but then, why specifically state it in the manual. It’s not in the Digitone manual, unless I missed it. More plausible like stated before, that it was a copy paste mistake from the Digitakt manual.

1 Like

This is taken from the Syntakt manual, page 28.

The total size of the +Drive is 1 GB. The +Drive sound library can hold up to 2048 sounds (256 sounds in each bank A-H) that are available to all projects.

They call it +Drive but I don’t think this is the same +Drive as in the Digitakt, for instance. The reason I’m saying this is because the Digitakt has support for projects and sounds and still has a 1 GB storage for samples. They know better than I do but, AFAIK, Syntakt has only projects (128) and sounds (2048) management via Transfer whereas Digitakt has projects (128), sounds (2048) and samples (no limit).

What is not cheaper is to re-develop something and create a new PCB while you already have a design that is working. You can even decide to populate some parts of that PCB and change the code to reduce costs and keep a working design. But this is not the Syntakt case anyway.

Probably what they have is permanent memory storage (some kind of flash-like memory) and they map there projects and sounds. If needed, in the remaining space they create a FS to store a variable amount of files and directories for samples, as in the Digitakt.

I think it’s more stating than it can CURRENTLY hold that much with the current firmware rather than it’s only capable of holding said amount

2 Likes

Just stumbled on this thread…
I hope we can get sample blending like on RYTM. The analog machines are great but adding samples to them in the RYTM really opens up the jelly!

3 Likes

It seems like the ‘1GB’ thing was removed from the Syntakt’s manual.

3 Likes

Dang… might’ve been an error from the get go

I think it’s for chord wavetables, and future wavetables.

3 Likes

I think differentiating the sampling capabilities on the Syntakt from Digitakt and Rytm would make sense, like what if Syntakt’s sampling was more synth-focused, e.g. allowing you to do rudimentary polyphonic chromatic sample synthesis per track, and doing single cycle waveform synthesis? The sampling controls would still support basic sampling features, but the finer grain controls would be for the more-synth oriented stuff. Just a thought.

4 Likes