Syncing the PO-12 to the 0-coast synced to Maschine

Hi guys,
I’m trying to sync the PO-12 to the the 0-coast, which in turn is synced to the tempo coming via midi from Maschine, any suggestion on how to do this?
I’m fine with the first part of the chain, Maschine to 0-Coast, but I can’t seem to successfully sync the PO-12…

I don’t have a PO-12, but I assume you would just take the clock out of the 0-Coast and patch it to the sync input of the PO-12.

Basically, there isn’t much info in the question - what you’ve tried etc

That’s exactly what I tried, then I tried changing sync modes on the PO-12. But I would either hear an audible click from the PO-12 output (and no sync) or the PO-12 would be out of sync and follow the internal clock.

which output of the 0-coast did you use? gate?
did you enable the midi clock in the 0-coast?
manual page 14 hints:
MIDIClk=114 Turns MIDI Clock ON/OFF 0- OFF; 1- ON

For the clock output to the PO-12 I used the CLK output on the 0-Coast.
Midi clock in on the 0-Coast is enabled already.

hmmm, I would try gate as well…

I hope you get it done :slight_smile:I am getting my PO-32 in the next days and plan to use it in the same environment :slight_smile:

I’ll update as soon as I have time (hopefully tonight).
I’m trying not to want a PO-32…

So, I managed it to sync the 0-coast and the PO-32
I used the CLK Output of the 0-coast and set it to Sync-2.
Of course no start stop but it stays in tempo sync.

2 Likes

I was still failing, which type of cable have you used?

a basic patch cable, mono.
plugged to the left input of the PO-32

Same here, I’ll try again tonight with the 0-coast only, then I’ll add maschine to the mix too.

How do you like the 0-coast so far?

0-coast is so much fun. I had the lifeforms before and it was a bit boring…
0-coast is different and you can make different sounds… and have a lot of fun.
I use it as a midi device on the OT or as a sample source and now as a sync for the PO…

I’m loving the happy accidents with the 0-coast and the super-snappy envelopes. Plus with a touch of reverb it sounds super lush.
It’s a great sample fodder for Maschine.

I now need a couple of stackcables.

You should try this: Send the audio (SY0) from the PO to the tempo input on the 0-coast. Patch clk out to contour gate in. The PO will “sequence” the gate in whatever rhythmic way your pattern on the PO is programmed. 16 available rhythms at your fingertips. :smiley:

In action:

3 Likes

nice,
creative idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think NOT mono…needs to be stereo, the click track goes on L and audio on R (or other way around) this is useful
https://www.teenageengineering.com/guides/po-12/en
Best, ;D

1 Like

if you’re not using an audio input through the PO, the SY2 and SY3 modes work with a mono sync cable input (ie. sync on tip, ground on sleeve).

Now I want the O coast!! :joy:

1 Like

As well you should! :smiley: