Syncing Make Noise TEMPI with Octatrack MK2

I tried this today using my octatrack to cue out a sample into the clock in for Rene mk2 but it didn’t work. - The René reacted but it was jumping all over the place, skipping two/three steps every pulse. Am I doing something wrong or does it only work with a TEMPI? :robot:

Kind regards,
O.

I am currently clocking the 2 channels of my Rene 2 and a pressure points brains with the output of a gnd-im machine from my machinedrum. Each module has a slightly different response to the MD output, so I have to set the levels specifically for the module getting triggered. Usually I have multiple trigger though, not missed triggers.

All that to say Rene2 can certainly be driven by line level output, but you may have to futz with your sample a bit.

1 Like

I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

if that doesn´t work, you might have had the Sample length and/or volume wrong on the Octatrack

but yes, modules will sometimes react differently to the “same” trigger - in your case, I would say the module sometimes reacts to both ‘edges’ of the trigger sample, so it goes 2 steps for every other trigger.

this could be fixed by reducing the volume of the trigger sample or maybe reducing the trigger sample length, or giving it a slight fade-out (via Decay parameter, probably).

2 Likes

It works! Had the wrong sample in. Boosted the right one and now it runs like a gem straight into the Xclk (René) / Don’t need the TEMPI! :smiley: #moneysaved.

2 Likes

Do you know how to send out CUE signal as a clock without hearing it in the Headphones out? When I set it in Studio mode the pulse no longer works… :confused:

Go to the mixer page and turn the phone mix pot competely to the left to not hear the cue outputs.
I think in the studio mode you need to set explicitly the cue output level for each track.

3 Likes

got it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

correct, in Studio mode you have to hold “CUE” and turn the main level knob to set the cue output level for each track