Syncing Make Noise TEMPI with Octatrack MK2

I saw this update making it possible to sync Make Noise tempi thru Ableton by using a sample. Has anyone tried this using the Octatrack to send out that sample and tempo sync the modular using his OT?

1 Like

Should work. It’s possible to sync PO-32 with a sample for example.

2 Likes

thank you. Looking forward to try it out.

At 40s in the video, the guy says it can be done with any DAW or any sample player. :wink:

1 Like

oops

1 Like

Sick I’ll have to try this when I’m home :sunny:

Or metronome :slight_smile:

Bananée (Happy new year) @qlamerand. You mean OT’s metronome as sync signal? I’m curious about it.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that would work… would save me a track though… :robot:

1 Like

You too @sezare56 ! Yes using an atonal (pulse) metronome routed to a cue output. It’s actually you who gave me the idea with one of your challenges, sampling the metronome :smiley:

2 Likes

You need to tweak the metronome signature as well so it’s always the same volume

For Tempi you would maybe need a modular level so Bastl Klik could useful here to convert audio pulse to real 5V clock signal.
[edit] ah didn’t see the video

1 Like

CONFIRMED :smiley: :smiley:

3 Likes

Well I made more tests yesterday and I was wrong. The metronome wasn’t stable enough especially when using the crossfader. I guess the priority of the metronome is lower than the audio tracks.
So back to a pulse sample, and it worked perfectly :

1 Like

Case for octatrack MK2?

doesn´t matter the version, it will always work.

triggers used in modular, while not STRICTLY “audio” but CV signals, are not so slow that you´d need a DC-coupled output.

so you can simply just sample it (or grab one of the many suggested WAV samples provided by different module manufacturers * ), play it from ANY (!!) sampler and it should work in 99% of the cases.
In the 1% where it doesn´t, you might have to normalize the sample to increase its volume or maybe screw with the length of the trigger a little bit.

but that last percent is usually the “fault” of different trigger expectations from different module makers.

(found on http://tiptopaudio.com/circadian-rhythms-downloads/ )

1 Like

Korple Folding end cheeks

3 Likes

lol I completely misunderstood what @Zifor was asking, sorry - my bad!

2 Likes

its okay , i am intelligible at the best of times :wink:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure I understood correctly as well :slight_smile:

1 Like