Syncing / clocking digitakt with eurorack

hi,

I have a small eurorack modular setup and i clock everything with pamelas new workout. I don’t have anything for drums yet and everything i see and hear done on the digitakt sounds amazing. Before i buy it I was wondering how people go about syncing their digitakt to a modular set up…and if anyone has it woking with PMs then it would be great to know how thats working out.

any advice or tips greatly appreciated. tnx.!

welcome aboard - bit of chat here …

2 Likes

Brilliant, tnx you.

I can suggest the mmidi expansion card for Pamela’s. Then you have midi in, and dedicated Clock and start/stop to sync up Pamela’s. Works like a charm :slightly_smiling_face:
Also you get 2 channels of CV/Gate that could be use useful for your other eurorack modules.

1 Like

I’m currently playing DT in sync with my eurorack using PAM as the main clock source. Being lazy and don’t wanting more midi cables around, I use the Keystep pro as a huge cv to midi interface. I think you can do the same with every other device having sync input and midi input and output. I send PAM’s clock into Keystep’s sync input, than I send clock from Keystep to DT via midi. Keystep provides start/stop for DT. It works, no issues. Of course, I could do the opposite sending clock from DT to PAM trough Keystep.
If you want to connect DT directly to eurorack look at Befaco’s CV Thing and Midi Thing.

1 Like

Exactly what I thought : if you already have the PNW, you can go for the ALM023 mmMidi module. Few HPs, but great way to sync to external gears.

this is so helpful, i was a little hesitant putting an order through for the DT but my mind is 100% made up. Thanks heaps for all the responses on this…

I’m trying and failing to get digitakt to run / be master clock for my modular via Pamelas New Workout. I picked up the ALM Busy Circuits’ Din-Sync Adapter cable and have tried that coming out of both midi out and midi thru on the DT set to DIN24.I have tried various settings on both but i’m just guessing as i go along and always getting “Ext Clk not present” above PPNQ 24 on PAMs.

any help around what the settings on on the DT and PAMs should be would be greatly appreciated.
tnx

Haven’t owned either of those devices, but the DIN-Sync implementation is same across Elektron units.

Assuming the Sync 24 or 48 was enabled properly I’d question if you have got a proper cable with the correct pins or all pins wired.

See this for reference if you don’t know …

i’m pretty sure i’m using the correct cable ALM - ALM-UT001 Din-Sync Adapter Cable but perhaps faulty or i’m missing something …anyways thanks for the info.

after trying 3 midi cables i got it working. the first 2 are working going midi to midi but the 3rd works midi to midi and also thru the DIN

indeedily !

yea it took me a minute to cop what you were getting at. thanks again.!

1 Like