Syncing A4 and Pamela’s New Workout

I’m positive this is all user error, but…

In my current setup I have OT set as master midi clock, A4 as midi sync slave, with a CV clock out going to a Pamela’s New Workout. It’ll sync up just fine, unless I try to run clock and run together on the Pam’s. All the subdivisions in Pam’s default to the same settings no matter what I do. With just clock only, it seems to be working, but won’t turn off when I stop the OT. I’ve read through both the Pam’s and the A4 manuals, but it’s still a bit of a mystery. Anyone have a solution?
Thanks!

What happens if you double tap the stop button on OT?

Same thing, unfortunately :confused:

Just to clarify…Pam’s stops for about a bar or two after I stop the OT, but then starts playing again on its own

Do you have the Run input set correctly? Sounds like you might have it on LD (load preset) mode, and it’s just loading a default preset.

Now we might be getting somewhere! I don’t know what LD mode even is. How do I know? Could you elaborate for me, please?

if the A4 sends DIN sync then get the appropriate cable and patch it into the clk and run inputs on Pams.

sync would go;

OT > A4 > Pam’s

I use DIN sync out of my Pyramid and into Pams and it works flawless

3 Likes

Read the manual for more clarity, but long press on the encoder when it’s showing BPM, there are options for the Run input in there. I’m not at home at the moment so I’m not sure what the default parameter should look like, but it shouldn’t be too hard to figure out.

1 Like

If you are using cv out on the a4 make sure to set pam to 1ppq sync resolution, which cam be jittery. Better getting the din sync adaptor (expersleepers for example)! Using din syn you can get resolution up to 48ppq which is way more stable clock for pam! :slight_smile: enjoy your workout :slight_smile:

2 Likes

do you still have the 0 coast? i also had problems with A4 and pam so I synced the 0 coast via midi and used its clock for pam

1 Like

The 0Coast was a loaner from a buddy. No longer in my possession :frowning:

I ordered a din sync cable that splits to two 3.5mm jacks. A4 has din sync out, so I’ll give that a shot :slight_smile:

1 Like

good plan :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Did this work?

I’m kind of in the same situation! Did you buy the ALM Din-Sync Adaptor Cable and go from the analog four into the Clk and Run inputs of Pamela?

It did, but I quickly went in another direction…apparently the first solution was way too easy and affordable :slight_smile:

Now my setup is;

PNW is master clock
ALM PEXP-1 expander sends midi sync out to Octatrack and A4 syncs to Octatrack.
Polyend Poly cv/midi converter is used to make Octatrack master sequencer for eurorack. Anything on A4 is from its own sequencer

Hey there - did you manage to get this working? I seem to be able to clock 0Coast and DFAM no problem from A4 clock, but not Pam’s…

PEXP does seem like a good idea though…

1 Like