Sync

Hi there. Newbie here. I just bought my first elektron (analog rytm) and I am trying to sync it with my korg sq-10. I send from my rytm’s midi out port to sq-10’s sync in, via midi cable to mini jack. The problem is that when the rytm plays at 120 bpm for example my sq10 plays very very fast. Can someone explain this maybe?

Thank you in advance.

The sync on the SQ-10 is CV and not midi clock or din sync.

because the AR is presumably sending DIN-Sync at 24 or 48 ppqn(iirc) and the SQ10 is expecting voltage clicks at a far reduced rate ( /6 )

you’re basically combining two standards - try dividing the clock signal or using an individual out on the AR to send a click (there’s a machine for that) and the levels may well be hot enough (they’re a decent level)

Thank you very much. I use the sq to run my ms 20m so now I will try keystep for ms20m and sync it with rytm. This could sync them properly right?

1 Like

the audio machine on the Rytm would be designed to send an audio signal that essentially mimics and produces the same voltage pulse required by the 20m to achieve clock sync… so quite possibly the keystep would not be required as an interpreter.

I haven’t dig in too much on the rytm to know how to do such things. But I will have it in my mind for the future. Thank you for your reply.