Sync Stability to A4?

I can’t shake the idea that my mnm drifts when connected to my a4. I use the mnm for percussion mostly so it really matters. It takes a while to show itself and I’m never sure if it’s the machine or my ears.
I’m about to reverse the midi cable order and see if it does the same the other way around.
But in the meantime, does your mnm clock tight or is drifting an aspect I need to figure out how to deal with?

My MNM has always been solid synced via OT, MD or Cirklon.
Try sequencing 4 to the floor on both machines with very short decay & listen to see if it drifts over time.

Are Scale lengths the same on both machines?
What about Trig types on the Mnm?

2 Likes

Thank you. If it’s not a ‘thing’ I’ll start troubleshooting.

Another thought, check you are sending/receiving both clock & transport. Setting the same tempo on both machines but only communicating transport could well result in what you’re experiencing!

2 Likes

Oooh, good thinking. That’s exactly what it sounds like to me.

Are you actually measuring noticeable clock drift or is reading the jittery bpm display making you unsure? @bluewolfse7en’s idea seems worthy of investigation. :okej:

1 Like

Thanks for asking. I’m accustomed to the jittery display.
I double checked the sync settings and put the signal chain order the other way around and I think it’s cool now. One day I will get a thru box and put an end to all of this. Dunno why I can buy a $1000 synth but not justify a $50 accessory. If only they made noise.

Little more expensive but I highly recommend the iconnectmidi stuff, you can plug everything in and do all sorts of different routing/filtering/remapping without unplugging anything, and save and recall all of that…

1 Like

Thanks. I use the audio 4+ and love it.

1 Like

Oh, but only one pair of dins on that one huh, hence you still want a through…

1 Like

True. The mio10 looks like the biz.
For recording I track out of the iPad using link. Good stuff.

1 Like