Swing disappears on live recording

Hey folks,
When live recording on the pads, playing with swing, the loop reverts back to straight.
I’ve set to 100% quantise and swing to maximum.
Any ideas what’s going on?
Niq

Worked for me live recording with swing at 50% and then increasing the swing after recording…
Not sure what to expect when live recording into an already swung pattern… :thinking:

Isn’t there a setting for auto quantize live recordings? Maybe that’s switched on?

AFAIK, using any amt of swing automatically quantizes the track to a 100%. Do correct me if I’m wrong tho?

I tried switching that off.
If all quantise functions are off, the live recorded swing remains. The more i quantise, the less swing…
I guess the issue is i want quantise that swings

I have pattern swing set to 66%… but it doesn’t seem to do anything

You have Quantize strength on the rytm so you should be able to dial down the strength of the Quantization to get a mor live feel to your live recording. However, from my understanding, I may be wrong coming from various drum sequencers, swing works only from strict quantization. Sequencers usually shifts the the 2 and 4 16th note in a 16th note quantizattion, 2 in a eighth and etc. Uniquely the rytm allows you to places a swing trig on all steps. But usually place mine on the 2, 4, 6, 8 steps and etc my mpc background and dial it in. I feel that the step sequencer on rytm is second to none and nudging your notes gives you better groove if you don’t mind going step by step.

Sorry it is called micro timing on the Elektron instead of nudging.

Also make sure to place swing trigs in your patterns. It is easy to forget.

I realised what was wrong. I had set swing to “max” when I meant to set it to 66% (regular swing)
Another thing I think I was doing that was creating problems was I …THINK I was trying to swing semiquavers (having set the tempo slow).
Which raised another question…

• How do I make triplets? (Just using delay?..or some trig condition?)
    And another thing came up too.
  • Can I set my Retrig button to swing too?

Btw, thanks for the suggestions guys! I have solved the first problem hooray!