Swap OT mk1 memory card into mk2?

Seems like my OT mk1 is dead. On power on the screen is on but blank.
Holding down FUNC or FUNC+Trig2 on power on does nothing. Never had any issues with OT before :frowning:

Can I put my SanDisk 64gb mem card into an MK2 and it will load up/play my session exactly like my OT1 or would I have to do a ton of work (or start from scratch) to rebuild my live show in the OT2?

Or, since I have a show coming up, should I just buy/borrow another MK1?

Any help would be great!

my mk1 screen broke at one point. i opened up the unit and disconnected the plug that powers the screen. cleaned the connections with Cailube Moving contact lubricant MCL and plugged back in, was good as new. you could give it a shot. Sorry don’t know about the MK2 card compatibility .

1 Like

Yes.

And backwards too. OT2 to OT1 works equally fine.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s great to know! That means I could upgrade and not have to rebuild my live sets (which took forever). thanks for the help.

1 Like

Yes. OS is the same for both MkI and MkII. So just take card out, and place in new/borrowed OT.

Caveat: You may have issues if you are regressing Operating Systems; but really everyone should be on OSv1.30C or OSv1.31 these days.

So I would recommend backing everyhting up to computer before changing.

Search for “white screen” there are a few steps you can take to try and fix.

Edit: Try these:

#1 Power off, power on whilst holding [ Function ] then press the [ Trig 01 ] key for [ Test Mode ]; Anything interesting?

#2 Power off, power on whilst holding [ Function ] then press the [ Trig 02 ] key for [ Empty Reset ]

#3 Power off. Power on whilst holding [ Yes ] Power off. Power on whilst holding [ No ]

#4 Try without CF card inserted (But #3 should resolve that)

#5 Power off. Remove CF Card. Power on whilst holding [ Yes ] Power off. Any joy?

8 Likes

Rusty ~ thanks so so much for your help. I had already tried #1 #2 #4 and #5 but #3 was brand new solution to me. And that did the trick! It forced into Demo Mode and booted fine. Then I powered off, inserted my memcard, and powered back on as normal and it booted fine and loaded my project! So all seems good! Thanks a ton as I have a show in 1 month and the OT is my main critical piece of kit.
Appreciate it!

5 Likes

You’re more then welcome.

1 Like