Suzuki Omnichord reissue coming

Suzuki will reissue the Omnichord to commemorate 70 years of making instruments

12 Likes

Damon Abarn signature?

2 Likes

I Hope so mate. One of the few pieces of gear that I will preorder

1 Like

Niiice! I always wanted to get one of these but the second hand hype price just put me off.

The only one I had a chance to play with was a OM150 but the pots were super noisy.
Hope they use quality components for this one.

1 Like

Don’t take this the wrong way but…

:face_vomiting:

I’m sure it’s an acquired taste.

Cheers!

how many duckets though?

Really regret selling my OM84 many moons ago, the sound just sizzled from the output in a warm analogue way and even a dummy like me could make some nice chord progressions on it.

1 Like

My guess is it will be about five hundred quid/Euros/Dollars…

be surprised if it’s less

1 Like

I would rather have a portachord.

Had a few of them over the years, the early ones have nice Casiotone style drums and are analogue, the later ones were digital and had midi and lost the charm a bit I think. I hope the reissue is analogue and perhaps that they make the drums and bass sequences programmable, the auto accompaniment presets get old fast.

2 Likes

still folornly hoping to get to Japan and find one of these in a junk shop personally…

4 Likes

That screen gives me heavy Frogger vibes.

Someone needs to produce a synth where you have to move notes across a busy road to make chords. Chordder© would be a good name.

1 Like

A looong time ago I wanted one but didn’t have the money (they were going for around £500 back then if I remember…) so I made my own with stuff I already had - a Korg Padkontrol, Ableton Live and MIDI Pipe.

6 Likes

brb, just going to buy a teensy and an OLED

1 Like

I’m another one of those people who regret selling/ giving away the few of them I used to own. They were cool little gadgets (the early ones more so than the later ones) but they were piling up and were so easy to find at thrift shops at the time that I figured I’d just get some more when I needed them. The going rate was between $5 and $25 back then and they were usually in the toy section. Within a year or so of me letting them go the prices went nuts. Familiar story.
I’m curious to see which version this takes after (if any) and how much it goes for.

See, now someone’s thinking… Dignity.

:wink:

Cheers!

Imagine one of these as a MIDI controller…

Oh shoot

1 Like

If I was in marketing, I’d put the whole album on the reissue.

1 Like

I had one, it wasn’t great, there was some weirdness (that I can’t remember now) that made using it as a midi controller useless. I kept it for a little while then sold it once I tried the midi.

1 Like