Sustain in A4

Hello guys,

how i implement sustain in A4 when playing from midi keyboard (arturia keystep).
Would like to sustain the sound when playing live especially when using chord pads and switch from a theme to another.
Thanks!

Use something like this?
http://media.guitarcenter.com/is/image/MMGS7/PS3-Single-Momentary-Footswitch/H74199000000000-00-500x500.jpg

But the A4 won’t respond to a MIDI message generated by that pedal … cc64 does something else in the A4 !

So…what will compensate the lack of midi implementation of sustain?

Anybody has found a workaround? Cant think that is impossible…i

Interesting… I will double check tonight as i was playing some chords yesterday and I THINK i used the pedal (through blofeld).

@cuckoomusic has got you covered.

1 Like

LOL thats so lame…cant believe that i actually need all those external just to have sustain…and still cant believe that a synth which costed me appx 1500 cant follow up with a live band setup
Are you sure that this is the only way to apply sustain?

1 Like

It’s pretty sad from a keyboardist’s perspective that a full fledged synthesiser doesn’t support the standard sustain pedal CC message. Totally feel you there.
To put sustain behaviour in aftertouch of the patches, and a midi pedal that sends aftertouch is a working solution though.

4 Likes