Superbooth 21

Scroll up 5 posts from yours. They definitely will be demoing Nymphes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stay alive, then you can play with it.

6 Likes

Zekit from Fred’s Lab

New product.

Inexpensive battery operated, 4 voice paraphonic, hybrid., that also has an audio in, and MIDI. It will be 179€ (w/VAT) assembled and less for the kit.

Looks like this is open source with an explanation guide to the synth, so this might be a reasonably priced learning opportunity.

Previous products from Fred’s Lab include Buzzzy and Töörö.

More detail:

6 Likes

So there is a whole thread that is devoted to speculation on the Waldorf Red Button tease.

And i mentioned up thread here about the deep sale going on, with Waldorf Eurorack products.

And now an extra deep sale of the Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V plugin software, talked about in the SW Deals thread.

I’m not sure we can pull this all together into a solid prediction on this new product, but Waldorf will do that for us in very short order.

ADDED:

My loose speculation on what to expect:

Something in the same form factor and price range as the Waldorf STVC, and the Blofeld Keyboard, ( or even KB37, that would be crazy good, imo ) with solid historic features and sounds in the heritage of the great Waldorf wavetable synths.

This will work to siphon away potential buyers of a relatively more crude Behringer PPG Wave clone, still a ways off from production.

1 Like

Some more RK008, looks quite cool. They say it will be at superbooth at the end.

14 Likes

super excited for the RK-008. Bastl Midi Looper is probably my favorite piece of gear from the last year or so, and I’d kill for a more fleshed out implementation.

One thing the Midi Looper excels at is being to catch a loop in “free running” mode, and deriving a clock from that - outstanding for improvisation, and it’s pretty good at picking the tempo you’d expect. This one seems more standard, having you choose tempo/time before hand, but aside from that, seems to be a real whack at a fully fleshed out non-quantized MIDI recorder, and I will be getting ahold of one the instant I can.

7 Likes

I am digging it.

I wish TE would have built the Pocket Operators as robust as the RK008 looks.

2 Likes

Yeah I am curious if it could possibly go even deeper with what it records, like if it records pattern changes then you could more or less preform a groove box and record knob tweaks and pattern changes, or another cool feature could be if you can launch recorded midi clips via a different sequencer. Retro Kits stuff has a pretty strong history of having really deep feature sets that are customizable but maybe I am hoping for a bit too much.

New expansion card for the Prophet-5

ADDED:

Thread:

7 Likes

I really hope they support MPE inputs. Right now the MidiRex is literally the only hardware option, and it would be nice to have something a bit more polished and powerful.

Ok color me intrigued by the RK-008. Maybe I’ll be “an operator with my pocket calculator” too

2 Likes

A couple of observations on the design of the RK008.

It looks like they are using a dead front display. This is an inexpensive and stylish way to give the impression of a full matrix graphic panel. These should get more use in product design.

The calculator buttons are a good interface, where you will learn repeated one finger operations and get pretty proficient after a while, eventually using them without even looking.

Who wants to start the thread for this ?

1 Like

f&%* … I haven’t expected I will need P5 as well : )
bi-tembrality is a killer update

4 Likes

Done. Been thinking about that every time someone talks about it.

1 Like

Just got this email from UDO:

8 Likes

Probably a Super 6 desktop from the looks of it!

3 Likes

Damn, that’s going to be a real danger to my wallet.

2 Likes

Message from Expressive E on how to make appointments to test the Osmose in their “little cabin in the woods”.

https://mailchi.mp/expressivee/superbooth

1 Like

Do you get the Prophet 10 plate as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got it too. I’m expecting more of modulation pedal. I dont think they have the man power to get a desktop out so quickly.