Superbooth 2023 Meetups Etc

Search didn’t return any topics so here be one! Who is going and on which day?

2 Likes

Going on Thursday!

2 Likes

Not sure if it is worth it to spam that topic with meetup posts etc. Anyway, I’ll be in on Friday this year and have some tapes to trade with me. I’ll likely also bring recording gear for sampling stuff.

Sure, that would be very nice ! --Just rename your thread something like == Meetup @ Superbooth

1 Like

I’ll be there Thursday morning. Beyond excited! NAMM had almost no synth announcement - hoping for some new stuff coming out of SB this year.

…iiiiiiiii’llllll beeeeee theeeeere…1st day, thursday for sure…

I’ll be there like always – maybe every day?
We might have some special Fors merch so … If you see me running around… Say hi! :wink:

6 Likes

I am toying with the idea of going for the Saturday - I’ve never been before but have a free weekend. Not been to Berlin for years. If I do go I’ll potentially be alone so could be nice to say hi to some people!

Is Saturday as good as any day to attend? Someone I know who was at NAMM said it felt like it was winding down by the last day.

…preboothing…

5 Likes

Will be there on Thursday. Seems to be the perfect weather for exploring the outside area :sunny:

…boothed up…

2 Likes

I like this array. Was that built into the venue, or did you guys rig it?

…that’s no booth rig…that’s a fixed installation in the gymnasium, which is also part of fez venue where the whole event takes place…so, this does not really serve any music purposes usually, it’s more for sports announcements and stuff…on the superbooth, all bigger pa systems are placed outside…there’s always a lake stage, a beach stage, a circus tent stage…all individual brand booth stages do their business via smaller studiomonitor setups…upfront, there’s always a little struggle between adam and yamaha, who will give out more speakers to the exhibitors, so they can end up on as many photos as possible… :wink:
while teenage engineering, the swedish snobbery gang, always bring their own little pa with them, since they’re also always placed outside…but they run playlists all day and for showing off their little exclusive sonic inventions, it’s all headphones, headphones, headphones…attached to each product individually…elektron and most others do it that way also…otherwise u’ll end up with too much sonic pollution…but when u take a walk…there are, of course, bleeps and peeps and sonic whatnots all over the place, covering ur way, anyways…

1 Like

…superbooth23…my sonic fieldtrip report…

…after years and years, i just learned this time, there’s also the bungalow village, with even some more exhibitors…the booth at fez remains a miracle place and sooooo much more than just another music gear sales show…

my personal hi lights of 23…hmmmm, not too many…glad to report, elektrons latest baby is super sexy hexy and for those who never experienced the truu analog heat factor, this hybrid thing is finally for all of u…

ericas steampipe is worth a try for sure…and so is polyends mini tracker, of course…
a truu must have for all who travel a lot…
but beyond that, at least for me, no real next innovations…

while the hi end/hi price segment got something next level…if u got at least 30thousand bux to spent, u can contact zähl and get urself a sonic luxury treat, since now they offer a new mixer channel strip for their famous am1 analog mixing modular console, that talks cv…worx and talks like a complex modular synth, just without osc’s…it’s a masterpiece in handcrafted hi end analog designs…
xactly what u can expect from someone who’s also selling bricksized headphone metalblock amps for 4000 bux…

…ess and his little entourage were the first i bumped into…introduced him to treat, who was with me, experiencing his first booth ever, since all the years before, he was too busy with engineering global touring acts…ess thanked him for his great fors streams with a fors cap… :wink:

next day, i had a great traveling group…cenk, two cool scot heads from edinburgh, a charming octahead girl from portland, working and living on sicily these days, and an argentinian hacker…
in the evening hours, we sat down at teenage engineering’s glamping table setup and shared quite some good conspiral laughter, while blush response was rocking the lake stage in our back, making sure, no need for more truu berghain rumble for at least next 3 month…the day before, he was still making his mind up, how to implement his nord wave into his actual modular rig, since the lake stage was presented by nord this year… :wink: …i could’nt detect it sonically in all his raw rumble code, but i can officially claim, blush had a red device in use on stage…

had a good talk with dave from bitwig, found ourselves on the same page when it came to my sugggestions and got great news for the near future of the smoothest, smartest, best looking full on modular daw of the planet… but psssssst… next year we all will SEE…

…daniel spents too much time in hollywood these days…elektron and conquering the american market…whatever u wanna think about that…it starts to show, dear…

…marco aka t.raumschmiere had a reat final session at the beach stage, the most original and individual and best rocking set i’ve ever experienced at superbooth…congrats, dear…u, ur son and ur other sonic fellows really rocked it…

we all live in bubbles…but i’m glad to say, i love mine…this music gear/modular synth bubble is the best in the world…let all the others talk about the weather or football…we know our shit…see and hear u next year…

some shirtshots…

6 Likes

nice post.

This shirt is so cool.

1 Like

…jup…and he asked me, if i recognize by which classic it was inspired by…
once he told me, it became obvious…
Unknown

1 Like

already knew it when I first saw the design, clever use of iconic image.