Superbooth 2020

Erica Synths has introduced the Fusion System II , a complete Eurorack modular synth system based on vacuum tube modules.

6 Likes

Just ordered one of these as i watched the reveal. I was going to buy several distings anyway…

4 Likes

The Sipario Expanded from Lab4Music. This was already known about but there is more detail. It’s a multi-function MIDI hub router with front panel.

With more DIN MIDI and USB MIDI, a pitch Wheel.

The presenters English is a little rough.

It’s very near completion, summer sometime probably.
€450
https://www.lab4music.it/index.php?lang=EN

1 Like

Yeah, i’m looking at this too. The ES disting EX isn’t quite the Zoia Euroburo but it does a heck of a lot, and fits nicely in a system.

Mentioning the Zoia Euroburo, we’ll have to keep an eye out for more news on that.

ADDED: And a small groovebox from Herbs and Stones the Liquid Foam. You can read about it here.

2 Likes

Supercritical synthesizers teased some new filter expander for their demon core oscillator.

For you who don’t know: Its a 16 voice oscillator in eurorack format.

1 Like

So that’s it! Or there will be more on Saturday?

1 Like

I was going to post more, but the Elektronaut’s Bot told me to shut up. There certainly is more already, it’s mostly Eurorack stuff that i know is less interesting. There’s twelve hours left for the K2 Warp Drive post to drop. And i guarantee they’ll (the Big B that is) have more large announcements.

I think things are a little quieter this year, for the reasons you might expect, but i still expect more. I think Nick is pacing the releases and putting more stuff toward the end.

3 Likes

There’s more on Saturday but don’t hold your breath. Appreciate it for what it is.

1 Like

I don’t need anything. I’m just curious about innovations (MIDI 2.0, …) and new releases.

2 Likes

I read via Jukka’s post the news about Dwarfcraft. Currently unemployed, otherwise I’d love to order something to help clear out your stock.

They were both great, but I’m a Swarm Intelligence fanboy.

nothing from sequential ?

Little round up/live update blog type thingy (mainly modular) here: https://www.gearnews.com/superbooth-2020-get-all-the-hottest-news-and-rumours-here/

1 Like

Underwhelming, no?

2 Likes

So far, yep. But it was never going to be at the same level as a regular event with loads of live videos from the show itself. I personally have no interest in any of the new releases so far, but I live in hope that we’ll see more stuff tomorrow. It’s a tough time for everyone concerned, but at least I’m not reaching for my pretty maxed credit card right now :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

theres about 30 items in the sonicstate playlist , so i guess about 30 things on news/live streams.

a bit quieter but there arent 30+ websites and influencers doing their own videos.

3 Likes

Holy crow, with all that’s going on, I completely overlooked this. Congrats on what’s up ahead for you and your family. I’ve always loved your style, both in the videos you put together to demo your pedals, but also in how out-there / wild you go with your pedal designs, inside and out. Cheers, ole pal! smash that liiiiiiiike!

1 Like

Cool stuff from Bastl. Their instruments are so clearly tied to the musical ideas of Vaclav and Peter and I love that.

3 Likes

Agreed on the MS-1. A properly functioning arp would be nice too. But I’m not holding my breath. There are a lot of straight forward fixes that should have happened awhile ago on a lot of his synths. But I’m starting to think Uli is in over his head at this point despite his outward projections otherwise.

You can get a Novation Launchkey mk3 and you will have an ARP for all your gear. This thing has a MIDI OUT (dongle sold separately though) and very cool ARP features (Deviate, Mutate, …).