Superbooth 19

DinSync JP-One

JP-One

Not to much detail on this so far. The interface in the picture looks super approachable.

5 Likes

Whoa.

1 Like

:heart: din sync

2 Likes

Oh hell yes. I very much like the sound of the Jupiter-6. Something to look forward to.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realise that we were starting to get the Superbooth teasers already… time flies! Have to say that if I was in the market for an SH101 then that SpaceBee would be top of the list - looks really nice whilst maintaining the vibe of the original… unlike Behringer’s effort which is U-G-L-Y (and it ain’t got no alibi!!).

And double wow!!! That JP-One looks even nicer and isn’t sporting another keybed I don’t have space for. I’ve only ever played a real Jupiter6 once and it was on the same day as a real Jupiter8 and whilst the JP8 was nice enough… the JP6 blew my socks off. And I didn’t even have any socks on… Will keep an eye on that for sure. But then, that’s a common mantra around these times.

2 Likes

Fortunately for the smaller synth creator competition is also about features and quality and sound. So far it looks like Superlative has got that – we’ll see.

Which leads into something else i’ve been thinking about. Of all the music technology shows, each with their own vibe and audience, i think that Superbooth of recent has really offered advantages for the smaller synth innovator. Sure the big guys are there too, Korg and Yamaha and Roland and Elektron :slightly_smiling_face: (Roland has two booths; one is called their Teaser Booth), but smaller companies with good ideas get a chance to stand on equal ground. I like that.

3 Likes

yowch. at that point, might as well just get an original SH101. or a Manther, with plenty of cash left over.

1 Like

The new Nanoloop hardware will be featured at Superbooth as well. This news comes directly from the creator,

“The next iteration of prototypes is in production and will be on display at Superbooth messe, May 9th to 11th in Berlin”

5 Likes

These is a Nanoloop 3 in the works? How’d I miss this???

The Kickstarter campaign just got finished up.

3 Likes

Rossum Electro-Music – Two New Products

Rossum has two new Eurorack products showing at Superbooth.

1. The Panharmonium. It’s a spectral resynthesizer that takes an audio stream you feed it, analyzes the content of that stream and lets you resynthesize it, while varying lots of parameters that affect that sound. My opinion only on this but it’s amazing. It was design by Bob Bliss. You can see more about the Panharmonium in this thread.

2. The Trident. It’s a three oscillator analog synth, with some unique takes on CV control. In specific it has what Rossum calls “zing” modulation, which is their modifications to ring modulation to make a more harmonious sound than is typical with regular ring mod. Sounds interesting. DivKid did a video showing off the Trident. It was designed by Dave Rossum.

They also have released a new version (v 1.10) of software for Assimil8or

4 Likes

Crossing fingers for an MV9000 or SP666. SP666 is a digital sampler with analog filtering and Iron Maiden skins.

6 Likes

Forreal though Roland need to get back into the sampler realm. Giving the SX a paint job and “new” name is simply not enough.

4 Likes

It’s crazy that the MPC2000xl outclasses most modern samplers.

4 Likes

Any expectations concerning an eventual new release from elektron at superbooth?

I don’t know. It feels quite soon after the release of Model:Samples for their to be anything new. That said, something else based on the new form factor would be cool. Or some OS updates - I’d personally love additional filter types or another LFO on the DT… or a way to better control the audio inputs like on the DN.

5 Likes

Sorry, this is in German. I’m to lazy to translate the whole text. But Cenk was asked if there will ever be something like the AKeys but with more voices and he promised “the next big thing” at superbooth 2019, and that it will be so much better then all the current machines. (gesturing at AR, OT, DN, DN while saying)
Hm… Maybe hopefully some kind of fusion of AKeys, Digitakt and Digitone. Something like the Prophet X or Quantum but with the Elektron Flair.
I’m curious…

6 Likes

“so much bigger” he said. not better :wink:

3 Likes

:blush: I thought he meant the features, but yeah, also size matters.

1 Like

Since the OT is elektron’s flagship but according to some users it is inferior in a few aspects to the DT (regarding for instance fx, sound quality) I guess it wouldn’t be very surprising seeing some sort of upgrade or replacement. Anyway, looking forward for superbooth :slight_smile:

1 Like