Superbooth 19

model:airplane

18 Likes

I’m gonna keep asking til you make it.

Can I have a 19" rack mount ROMpler please?
You could fill it with every sample pack off of here.
Also membrane buttons (but no more than 3 of them or it’ll ruin the menu diving).

Thanks.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine what a new digital Elektron big box would be like.

Like, the analogy justify the price and size because they were analog. The Digis make sense because the digital approach invites less of a necessary size and resources.

If the new box has keys, that would explain the size(it could be a digi-keys, as that would be the next logical step considering all their other synths eventually had key versions)

It intriguing, but I’m not getting the feeling that it’s going to drive me mad with desire.

That is the best possible joke. If there were an Elektron box version of that joke, I would have already placed a pre-order for it

2 Likes

Otherwise, the Monomachine engines in a model formfactor. Less functions, but immediate UI. Could be interesting.
I don’t know. But at least everything elektron puts out is kind of interesting…
We’ll see soon.

Moog Matriarch sounds very good…

5 Likes

I’d also expect to see the Spectravox at the Moog booth H316.

1 Like

That’s what we thought about the digitakt. Then the M:S came.

yet the octatrack is digital and in big box form factor. There could be many reasons why having a larger footprint would make sense - UI, connectivity (indiouts!) etc

I’d gladly flip my digitone for a bigger sized one if it meant individual outputs and less key combo pressing. The smaller digis utilize the smaller form factor pretty well but IMHO are a slight compromise wrt handling and connectivity.

But its the “streamlined” ethos that bothers me the most… no kits, perf macros etc. I miss that stuff in the newer elektrons.

4 Likes

I love the streamlined approach, but I also see the benefit of kits. The unfortunate thing is that there doesn’t seem to be a way that these could be compromised(perhaps fresh pattern method but with kits available? Perhaps a global setting for new patterns? Seems unwieldy though)

To each their own on the DN concept, I can’t see myself spending $500 dollars more for the “full sized” version of the DN- the conveniences you speak of included

fully agree!
i’m actually thinking of trading in my digitakt towards an analog 4mk2 tomorrow!

Sensel will show their new Buchla Thunder overlay.

I also expect they will also be showing their new touchscreen display technology that physically measures the forces of touch rather than the capacitive technology used in most systems today. They showed it previously at CES 2019.

Sensel_Buchla%20Thunder
The Thunder overlay

Sensel is at E246

And Buchla will be there too at W420. Nothing yet on what may be new from Buchla, though i would expect to see more stuff in their Red Panel Eurorack line.

1 Like

About time for a digitakt mk2 isn’t it? Just my guess :wink:

A WOW new feature or two, rather than hardware upgrade, would be what a shrewd marketeer would do… waaaay to early for a DT MkII

Stereo in mix/FX at master, better sample editing zoom, transient slicing, auto-hitpoints and a second filter stage (including comb) would do it for me; and an advanced timestretch. Just small asks, a few lines of code, a weekend’s work …

6 Likes

I don’t believe there is a timeline on when they release mk2’s (analog heat?). But with the advancements that came in digitone and m:s it could be smart to make digitakt leap back to the front of the pack. Like you said, a weekend worth of coding added to new features could push it even further and turn more units than already.

I like that we can all speculate on what may be next. As long as my favorite elektron boxes have been retired, something like them but improved on to make them current would be my dream. A digitakt mk2 could be along the lines of a md’esque resurrection.

Then again, it could be a knob per function big box as a next step for entry level ppl to our world.

My guess is with the Digitone Keyboard. Or, possibly an expanded Digitone, the size of the grey mk2 boxes, with actual analog filters.

4 Likes

My guess is another unit in the model range. Digitone came fairly short after digitakt as well.

4 Likes

Model:Overbridge - an audio interface.

4 Likes

Digiwave would be cool, an elektron wavetable synth in the Digi range.

3 Likes

Another toy is the last thing the world needs from Elektron

10 Likes