Superbooth 18

I already have loads of Euro, and one of the 2 Expert Sleepers modules that would give me all the functionality I’m missing from Overbridge. I’d be adding to my collection, rather than starting from scratch.

2.0 running at 1.1 speeds.

3 Likes

2.0 as well but you couldn’t stream every track on the AR1, you had to manage how many tracks you could do in and out via the Overbridge software. They boasted that these new devices had some improved USB hardware, but they still mindbogglingly went with USB 2.0, and outdated USB spec with their devices, which in the end, I believe is the cause of this delay. They promised 10 tracks (8 tracks plus main and direct in) out, and however many back in all at once without having to dynamically select the tracks. I’m starting to think they simply cannot do this.

I will :slight_smile: 90% of what I post on IG is Euro related anyhow so it’s where I’m getting most of my use musically anyhow.

Summer NAMM - Digitakt/Digitone mk 2 COMING SOON!

1 Like

I think I’m starting to get on the Half-Life 3 train, then.

Overbridge can’t count to 2.0

3 Likes

" I’m starting to think they simply cannot do this."

Compression to MP3 on the bottleneck is the way to go :blush:

Half-Life 3, seamlessly integrated into your daw with Overbridge!

7 Likes

I don’t claim to know too much on USB and it’s overall capabilities but I have a Behringer X32 Rack that runs 32 tracks in and out over USB 2.0 and it surprisingly solid with totally useable latency (sub 8ms back and forth).
I wonder if Behringer is surfing forums looking for another company to clone… better watch out Elektron, Behringer is a monster that will eat you up and spit you out if they think they can :slight_smile:

4 Likes

There’s already an Elektron at Superbooth 2018 thread.

The Overbridge talk should be over there, or split off from this one.

6 Likes

Something must be wrong. It can’t take this long to develop OB. Have to say that I would feel kind of ashamed if I was an Elektron employee at Superbooth. OB is like a dark cloud hanging over their heads.

I too would like super booth updates and less Overbridge complaints.

If you’re lost, here is a link to one of many threads for Overbridge complaints.

3 Likes

The throughput of USB2.0 is 480mbps or 60MB per second, more than adequate enough for Overbridge.

6 Likes

Or, it could just stop entirely. Wouldn’t that be nice…

agreed 100%. if I got that personally I would stop complaining. Ill take breaking Overbridge 1.0 for this

1 Like

+1 for complaining about OB in the OB thread

1 Like
4 Likes

This means September at earliest. Bah what a joke this has become…

1 Like

That SOMA Pipe thing looks pretty cool!

The only thing keeping me from buying it is being one of those trendy guys that will use it- you KNOW that the people that buy it can’t wait to take that thing up on stage…

Any info on the tanzbar 2?? I love my tanzbar 1…

3 Likes