Rapid Flow Ableton (and now Logic Pro) Templates

+1 I’m interested!

1 Like

Uploading….

4 Likes

Apologies but have had to re render…. The file size reduction had ruined the audio which defeats the point… will upload it tonight though! (Unless anyone wants 30 Gb s of files) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It s up!

8 Likes

I think your YouTube vid got cut of after 10 mins. Was mid sentence. Would love to see part 2,3…. :grin:

1 Like

You can get the full length 4K video here: https://youtu.be/OEoSkSXK_Bs

and templates from: https://rapidflow.shop

1 Like

Checking it out! Does it work for hiphop as well

1 Like

The principles will apply to almost any style of music. In the end we all have to work towards a loud clean mix where the kick and bass are well balanced, lead sounds and vocals etc. sit well. As a starting point to set a good mix balance I think this will be very useful.

1 Like

Just realized I forgot to answer you: the Template uses stock plugins only

2 Likes

I bought this today and can highly recommend it. Also give a bit more money on gumroad, if you can. It is worth more than 1€.
I learned a lot and will certainly incorporate a lot of these elements into my live set.

Got a question and a wish:

Why do you use a separate track for sidechaining signal and not the kick track from the actual song?

This set is nearly compatible to Ableton Standard. Only the Analog instance on the bass SC track need suite. It would be amazing if you could add a standard version without it.

I love the foot switch trick. I am not sure but you might be able to improve it by using Macro Control Variations instead of manually moving everything back to 0.

Now I have to listen to all of your tracks :relaxed:

3 Likes

excellent

Extra SC track, means you can trigger while the kick isnt actually heared, so the effect on the pad continues. I had a look on the video showcase - featured is the slate control room monitoring - it looks interesting - question is how it compares to sonarworks - not sure if i shell out another 500 quid , allthough the car and club mode is cool, the question is if this could not be emulated with some reverb fx on the low, to simulate the club environment - the exact settings is a different matter though. There is for sure more engineering in this, than my emulation suggestion.

Remapping the APC master Fader to filter the kick, was also a nice tip - so something to gain from this template. I personally have to use Fabfilter L2 for limiting and see it as an essential plugin, as it has better peak detection as Lives build in. (I saw you mention it also in your video.)
Fabfilter Pro Q with seeing the frequency overlaps is also very usefull, i wished abelton Eq8 had this functionality.

Maybe a worthwhile discussion anyway to see what works and what not in a live situation, how many plugins /tracks make sense and are stable while performing. There is also the plugin from Richi Hawtin to save mixer /device settings, etc for total recall.

The referencing plugin seems very good, i will give it a shot. (I bought your template, well worth the money !)

I use soundtoys decapitator for saturation on the master bus, but only mixed like 5% , and filterd out the low frequencys, it has quiet a lot of impact even in these low settings. For sure there are other analogue ways - summing processors - stimmings mojo device etc.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the feedback I m really happy to read that! Really great tip that this would work with Ableton standard, I had no idea…. I have always used Suite. Let me reach out to Ableton and see if they will provide a standard NFR.

1 Like

Thank you for this input, some new information for me here… will check the Richie Hastings plug.
I haven’t used Sonarworks, but I have never had my first Master translate as well as with VSX. If you re not happy with your mixes, get it would be my recommendation. It really is a game changer… I would sell any synth in my room (besides the unobtainium vintage ones) to fund it if I had to….

I think your set mimics the octatrack quiete a bit, the Octatrack feels more powerul because of the overarching scenes it can do. (manipulate several tracks at once with its slider) I think it would be worthwhile to implement a similar concept in this set, but i am not sure if there is a device acting on multiple tracks at the same time.

Setting up a single CC to many targets as Adam J suggested is a good idea.

1 Like

Never realized how close this is to an Octatrack indeed… I currently use it mainly as a souped up sequencer and arpeggiator (hope I don’t get banned : D ) Even the first track for all drums can be done using trig locks… :lock:

1 Like

Or a DT even, thanks for sharing

1 Like

Just had a look at Kapture… that looks amazing! What a cool plug-in, never heard of it before, thank you!!!

I don´t get it. Inspite of using kapture, can´t u just save your live set under a different name for the same functionality?

The idea is to switch between states in real time, so while you re performing…