the lights only work with ableton, and maybe other soft that sends midi back to the device… it’s quite unfortunate, really.
there’s a few synths for iOS that are REALLY good… Mood, DRC, for example… there’s a new one called Zeeon that sounds pretty incredible, but it’s quite CPU intensive… considering I’m already running those two I mentioned + Troublemaker (TB303 emulation) I really can’t add anything else, let alone something with that much requierements… I’m on an iPad Air, btw
I have been waffling about what kind of stands to get for my Monomachine and Machinedrum for quite a while now. I thought about purchasing a dual stand, but most tend to be made in Europe, the UK, or the US. I am in Canada and dealing with international shipping is a pain. Also, many were very expensive, $100 and up.
I also have access to a laser cutter, so I thought about making my own stands. I could choose the wood, stain it etc. It all seemed like a lot of time for such a simple thing.
Then in reading a thread here, someone mentioned using an Ikea laptop stand. I found it in Canada, but thought it was oversized. But that got me thinking about laptop stands.
I found one that was quite inexpensive on Amazon.ca ($15 CDN) and ordered one. It is all metal, has a mesh bottom, and 5 angles from 22.5-60 degrees.
When I got it, it worked great. The Elektron units fit well, and are quite stable. SO I got another. See attached pics. I wanted the units side by side too so they wouldn’t block my monitor.