Super Cheap AR/A4 in Minneapolis

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/msg/6092662727.html

Dudes asking 1000 total or 500 each. Seems like a scam, but that’s up to you to wager. I contacted him, and didn’t agree to ship it. So if someone in the area feels like investigating it’s authenticity, have at it.

sounds like the kind of deal where you might end up $1000 out of pocket and no synths…

1 Like

I know. There are ways to protect yourself. Paying with PayPal being one. If I had the ability, I’d try taking every precaution

2 Likes

Be careful! I know you’re not asking for specific advice, but heres some anyway :grin::

As a precautionary step, ask the seller for a photo with ID/drivers license + gear together, or see if you can arrange pickup on location.

Meet in a public place like a coffee shop. Also, to my knowledge you should be able to do the meet at any police station in the US, and they encourage people to do so. If they won’t agree to either of those then pass. Bring headphones in case they don’t, assuming it’s legit. If it is, then you get a hell of a deal.

1 Like

Shoot! I couldn’t imagine asking someone to meet me at a police station!

I am no fan of the police. Period. But I also don’t want to get robbed or hurt, so I’m tempted to do it myself with any gear I decide to sell on CL, just because it’s a deterant. If someone won’t agree to that, then a coffee shop or other reasonable public space with witnesses at the least.

1 Like

500 $ each. do you REALLY need to think about the authenticity of this offer? thats a Scam! Absolutely for sure !!! Here in Germany nobody would even sell one of these units for under 1000 € each - even if used a lot. Nope. Just ignore it and watch out for a serious offer.

1 Like

While i think its a scam, no harm checking if local.

I got a boxed Octatrack in fantastic condition a couple of years back got £500. Deals are or there! Without looking to label the guy I bought from or do a disservice I got the impression he was well off and just bored with it so looking for a quick sale.

I guess all I’m saying is that every now and then a stupid crazy deal pops up that is genuine. I do think this is well into too good to be true territory though.

1 Like

I dunno. He seemed reluctant to take a person’s money from the internet with the promise of shipping it. If it’s a scam, the rabbit hole is blocked off for me. I suppose it COULD be a mugging trap? Or they’re stolen? I dunno. But that’s Goonies treasure. If it were in town, I’d investigate further.

I’ll check back to see how long they’ll stays up

Did you do a reversed image googling? Sometimes cheap frauds are attempted reusing old photos of gear.

1 Like

I hadn’t. Never done that before

And? No reused photos?

very aggressive idea, but: that would make sense. steal the money from you while you meet up with no machines actually in existence. or - if you are a women … shit, i dont even wanna think about what this could lead to … :fearful:

but … no results from the Image Query over at ctrlq.org. Just checked it. So maybe they really exist. My search was done at google.de though. So maybe your results differ?!

1 Like

And the post has been deleted. Might have been legit. Normally scams stay up for a really long time.

I had to let a practically fresh out of the box Machinedrum MKII go at quite a deal last summer. Totally legit. In fact someone on here snagged it up.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. I took a bit of a loss on the MD mk II I flipped last year to upgrade to the UW+.

Man, if that guy was in Chicago or just a little bit closer, definitely would have contacted him for the AR. Missed opportunities, ad is down, I got the feeling it was legit.

All is fair in love, war and synths! It was my fault for over extending myself. Thankfully I’ve more or less got that debt sorted and don’t buy gear on credit of any kind anymore.

Zzounds payments plans from here on out : )

2 Likes

Uh oh! That’s where I’m kinda at right now.but there were good deals on the Blofeld and Pyramid! I’ve got new ideas for how to manage my studio!

Uh oh…