Subpac

aha! thats awesome thanks for pointing that out.

Yea for sure, technology changes all the time so hard to keep up with some times! Especially stuff like this.

Finally got a Subpac S2. Though I like the item very much, I canā€™t seem to integrate it into my setup effectively. My Motu Ultralite mk3 only has 1 headphone output and the Subpac S2 seems to only work properly through that output. Iā€™ve tried the left channel main out and it just overloads the unit. Bluetooth can work, but Windows 10 doesnā€™t allow for my Motu interface and windows bluetooth audio to run simultaneously.

The closest I got was just running an audio out cable from my laptop headphone out into the subpac and used a second set of headphones plugged directly into the unit. My original headphones still plugged into my Motu. I can then just switch back and forth between Motu and Windows audio. However, I wouldnā€™t be able to record with the Subpac enabled. It would only serve as a mixing / mastering tool. Thatā€™s not a bad idea, but I hate the idea of switching back and forth between audio devices , headphones, etcā€¦

Any ideas before I ship this thing back?

I use cable that splits the headphone output in to two different stereo outputs. So one of them is for subpac and other is for headphones. I dont know if this will help your situation but thats how i use the subpac.

1 Like

This actually might be the solution I need. This simple solution went over my head. Iā€™ll try and pick up a Y-Adapter today and see if that works. Thank you!

Edit - FIXED. Found a Y-adapter laying around and now Iā€™m in business! Just split the headphone output. Not 100% that this is splitting to stereo or mono, but Iā€™m super happy itā€™s working like it should!

I have been using a mk2 s2 for about a year now. I still love it. Even more than day one. I have it integrated into my ikea chair. You donā€™t see it and only feel it when itā€™s on. My room is partially treated with decent monitors, sonarworks on. But the subpac gives me good info on the lowend. To that I can crank the sub at three in the morning and the neighbors donā€™t even notice.

This thing is really good imo. Great value

1 Like

I think you may have been one of the people that talked up the product when I asked on the Gearslutz Subpac thread. I believe it was you @loopdude thanks!

I replied to that thread yes. Posted a pic of my chair. Glad it helped

1 Like

Looks like thereā€™s a new Subpac coming.
Not much info yet but it seems to be wearable and seatable. I might well try it out this time.

2 Likes

This will be Subpac #2 for me. I really love this product :grin:

Would really like to compare this one to the older model

Do you remember the original model, the gray one? Looked like a frumpy couch cushion, haha

Iā€™ve still never tried one, but Iā€™ve had my eye on them for ages.
I was ready to buy one a while ago when they sold out everywhere!

Such a great investment, for so many reasons. If you have even one of the problems that the Subpac solves, itā€™s worth it. I love the skepticism that surrounds the Subpac too. Lots of people just canā€™t get behind the idea, then they try it and are like ā€œOhhh, now I get it!ā€ Game changing tech IMHO, and I donā€™t say that often about studio gear.

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty much stuck on headphones at the moment, with all my gear set up in a wardrobe!
I think the Subpac is more or less made for my situation.

Isnā€˜t a SubPac also a good if you have neighbours? Is there some kind of frequency diplexer built in?

Yes, very good for the neighbor situation. Current generation just passes lows, no adjustment of crossover frequency or roll off (not sure if it uses a low pass filter, crossover, or what). 1hz to 200hz.

Looks like the next gen theyā€™re teasing might have additional control. Weā€™ll see what theyā€™ve done on the 18th, I guess.

So the Subpac X1 has been announced.

Looks like the major new features are:

• a single model that can be both worn or used as seatback
  • optional C1 control box, that also provides UWB Wireless for low latency

Can pre-order now, expected delivery end of the year.

Iā€™m tempted.

Not thrilled that their website shows only renders, and no actual final product. Still exciting though!

Safety-wise it scares me a little to be wearing an electronic vest. Maybe thatā€™s just the lawyer in me coming out.