Sub bass help — Digitone

Indeed, I tend to use a value around 40 for this trick, which is a bit lower if my memories dont fool me.
But, even if DN is really capable about breaking speaker with heavy sub bass, that’s clearly not the same structure as the Mini V. This last isnt much about the sub but about the 3osc/moogish filter roaring that sound “bassy” (but that’s all about the mid, not the low fq).

I was programming few new sounds lately, and one was a super deep subbass dub sound.
For this I used algorhytm Nr.8, with the mix all on the right side so that you have only operator B1 (which you can spice up a bit with the feedback & overdrive). After you’re happy with the base B1 sounds you may then add a bit more movement or harmonics/artifacts by mixing in the other 3 operators in parallel.

1 Like

Everybody: thanks a bunch!! As mentioned, I’m on a trip this week without my DN. Will try out all your tips when I get back! And off course I’ll let you know how it goes :-). Thanks again!

1 Like

Your filter cutoff is too high.

Keep in mind, the filter cutoff is going to create a subsine based on the tonal qualities of what you feed into it with the FM. Generally it’ll work for everything, but you will need to pop in and out of syn1, syn2 and filter to find something that kicks that subfrequency ‘self oscillating’ filter into gear.

Keep playing with it. You’ll see what I am saying if you keep at it. I used to use this trick all the time to ‘beef up’ kicks and low end of drums on the ESX and have carried that trick to every synth and sampler I use. High pass filter with extreme resonance and low cutoff = you will damage your speakers if you’re not careful! :slight_smile:

1 Like