Studio One Overbridge Input workaround

As studio one does not allow instruments to receive audio, does anybody have a workaround for this?

I have tried using live lite via rewire (as slave), but then the overbridge plugin wont load in lite.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

A bit late but i think i found a nice solution. I’m using Audient ID22 with adat 19” breakout as main interface. While using overbridge it really annoyed me that i just couldn’t arm the individual audio tracks in overbridge. Assigning separate audiotrack and reroute did the job but messing up workflow. 16 faders for 1 digitakt is quite overwhelming. Biggest issue is track muting and listening your recording back. Users will recognize what i mean. Yesterday i accidentally ran in to a workaround: Set up as usual , expand all tracks in instrument settings. Now unstead of insert audio channels assigned to internal overbridge channels go to i/o settings. Add stereo outputs as many as you need (say digitakt 8 and 1 for main) now: uncheck boxes so don’t route to anything! you now have made ghost output tracks, rename accordingly for convenience. Now go to mixer, assign each overbridge instrument track to corresponding ghost track (routed to main by default) . Last step add stereo outputs in arranger and select those routed ghost track as input.
Voila now you can hide instrument lanes and it works and looks like it should have be in the firstplace. Save project as template and your done. Hope I explained it right, not native english. If one needs im happy to make a video.

I don’t know if I’m totally off track on this. Is this a way to use the sidechain inputs from over ridge to go from s1 to get the audio to the rytm tracks?

I was used to use overbridge in S1 as explained in the YT video of forum member Dave Mech. Looks ok on video but in practice it gave me some annoying bugs and made me wonder to switch daw’s The way I described is making the incoming audio from DT thru overbride in S1 is exactly the same And with the same user experience as using a basic stereo input channel. My workflow is to jam with different hardware including elektron’s clock synced to S1 and record like a multitrack recorder. Look at it as a one time set virtual rewire. Gonna make a vid to explain both ways and their pro’s and con’s soon. Note: using Studio One 4. Perhaps new version 5 works flawlessly as is i don’t know.