Studio One 5

I couldn’t get the External Sync to work via Digitone. It still ran as Master even when Slave was active. I’ll give it another go later. It just didn’t trigger the DN at all apart from when I pressed space.

Just had a closer look via YouTube at the new Show Page - wow that looks amazing for live performers! It’s looks like some of the best features of MainStage and Ableton Live were combined here, real nice!

2 Likes

Will upgrade when the sales appear. Just went to Bitwig 3.2.4 that will keep me busy for a while.

1 Like

Anyone tried out Sphere?

I haven’t but have been curious about it.

1 Like

I’ve started using Studio One Artist with a Quantum 2626. A DAW setup is completely new to me & i’m having some problems. I’d like to set up an external FX unit in a send/return configuration, or insert, but i have no clue how to set this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I think there’s a plug in with studio one that deals with this specifically. Fairly simple selection of ins and outs. Can’t remember the name though.

@ LeioS

It’s called Pipeline. Although it may not be included in the Artist version. Not 100% on that.

2 Likes

Cheers guys. Pipeline’s not included with Artist and you can’t seem to buy it separately.

I think it’s bizarre that you can’t do this as a basic Soundcard function.

Well, you could manually set up ins and outs, right? The benefit of Pipeline is not only that is does that for you but it has latency detection, presets, and doesn’t take up an extra audio channel.

I suppose so but it seems it’s not a simple thing for me to do so far. Just had Studio One a couple of days and finding the DAW experience a bit overwhelming.

Set the outs of the track to whatever goes into the FX and turn monitoring off. Then make an audio track with the inputs to whatever the FX out is plugged into. Monitor that track.

1 Like

Thank you.

I’ll give that a go later this evening & let you know how it goes.

i think the mixer scenes alone are worth it

2 Likes

I upgraded to 5 and have been using it a few days now. It freezes on me sometimes, I hope this gets fixed.

What I find disappointing is the aux channel thing. I was hoping for a simple way to insert hardware. Cubase and ableton have had this for a long time.

The listen bus is “neat” as I use sonarworks and always hated forgetting to disable it. It would have been nice to have a more complex control room though. One where you can setup a separate plugin chain for each pair of monitors and your headphones.

So as of now I’m not sure what I think of the update. It’s not bad, but the question is if its “upgrade price” good

2 Likes

Just upgraded myself. I’ll be playing around a bit but do let us know how you get on with it.

Thought I’d bump this thread just to say how much I’m enjoying Studio One 5. It took a moment for me to buy into its idiosyncrasies and UI choices, but now I feel it’s just a DAW that works and that has so many little cool features for composers, mixers, performers etc…chord tracks, pattern tracks, strip silence, really great comping implementation, MPE support, super low latency for tracking & VSTi usage…just nice.

6 Likes

Studio One 5.3 is now released

3 Likes

Studio One 5.4 released two days ago with native M1 support!!! yeyeyeye

2 Likes

And a new interesting plugin nap function… but I can’t see big differences between activated or not… cpu usage is nearly the same for me…

1 Like