Strymon Volante

Can you use the Volante in send / return from a mixing desk? I had always trouble with the el cap doing that and even Strymon said that El Cap is not produced for doing that. So I send it back to Thomann and bought the Nemesis delay. But hm … basicly looking for Echoboy in a pedal :slight_smile:

You can enable killdry when starting up the volante if that is what you mean?

1 Like

I sold my El Cap for the Volante but finally i’ve bought back the El cap. Didnt have the chance to try the Volante though. I guess im fine with the El Cap. If the Volante was thru stereo i would reconsider.

1 Like

How does it compare to a Space Echo?

2 Likes

Nobody? Then I guess there‘s only one way to find out…

3 Likes

:slight_smile: I can‘t compare but currently play with it plugged into the Leaf Audio Microphonic Soundbox and enjoy it. It fits well short sounds, hits etc. Reminds me of the sounds one hears in music by Nils Frahm

3 Likes

What can I say, it sounds as beautiful as it looks. Also I like the UI. Immediate control of all features relevant for me and no display.

4 Likes

it really just sounds amazing it seems…^^

5 Likes

Does anybody know how the midi sync on the Volante works? Alot of pedal delays doesnt give you any adjustments of delay time when synced to midi, but the Volante has several ways to “change” delay time. Like how does the speed switch work when synced? Does it douple the delay time from quarter notes to half notes?

That sounded great!

Thanks! I think i´m ready to order one of these.

Got one of these yesterday. Only tested it briefly, but seems fun so far.

Regarding Midi clock sync it didnt work as expected. It syncs up fine. If you change the speed switch it does double or half the tempo. But then it is out of sync. You wont really notice this if you dont change the tempo. When you stop and start your sequencer again, it will resync to quarter notes. Even if you have the speed setting to half. So that is kind of annoying. Same with the time knob. As soon as you move it, it looses sync.

But i saw that you can simulate external tap via Midi CC. So i’m gonna set up some automation in Force to see if that works as a sync method.

1 Like

Anyone having an issue with the Midi Through on Volante? I’ve set it to “amber”, but on its own Midi channel (as with my other Strymon pedals) “Nixie” will not come up with my Mobius, Timeline or Big Sky if the Volante is in the loop.

Now that the both have been out for a while, if i’m looking to get either the Magneto or Volante, if i’m not able to “buy both” initially, is there anything a Euro user should consider about either specifically?

magneto for modulation reasons , delay can be so much more than end of chain! if you get the pedal sure it saves you rack space , but then you don’t get access to all the advantages (as immediately) if the volante has great midi CC , which im sure it does. You could also midi to CV convert modulation from your euro to it. I just think personally. If i didn’t have a echophon in my rack id probably have the Magneto.

1 Like

Anyone realized that the “Infinite Mode” on Volante’s SOS looper is dedrading the loop after some time? It is mentioned in the manual that it is not degrading when set to “Infinite mode” but it does.

copy/paste from the manual:
“Press and hold to enter Infinite mode which disables the record head and continuously plays the most recent loop length audio without degrading”

I thought there was a setting for this somewhere… sold mine the other week so can’t check, but sure you can adjust it somehow by holding feedback 1 and 4 and turning one of the knobs. May be wrong though…

Dude hasn’t put a knob kit on his Dfam. What an amateur. Wild sounds though.

No clue how I missed this thread! I grabbed a used Volante last year on a whim and am extremely glad that I did. I had always planned to eventually buy an actual analog tape echo at some point but now have no need, and I can use thing live! (If I can ever play live again that is).

Here’s a short set where I have the MFB-301 Pro running through the Volante. Something about that combo really does it for me. Also I’m currently putting a set together w/ the OB6 -> Volante which is another magical combo. This pedal really is special.

5 Likes