Strymon Volante

I know, right?! I just ordered one. It won’t be here for a few weeks though. To be honest, I’m more excited by that Sound on Sound than I am a traditional looper. I think I’m going to be living in that lo-fi half speed mode. That seems to be where the magic happens.

Yes, that is the big attraction for me regarding this pedal.

1 Like

For that sort of experimental Frusciante vibe, maybe you should also take a look at the new Eventide.

That Rose does look cool. I saw a demo where someone was using it with E-Bowed guitar.

For some reason I am drawn to the idea of combining the Volante with the Boss RV-500.

I have a bunch of gear that I need to get off my ass and sell for some of this new stuff.

But that is a different thread!

1 Like

Whats that thing He uses near the end?

Wow nice! I guess it´s not so easy to use, as it seems, isn´t it?

1 Like

Yup you’re right.

I pulled out the Deco to test and I think one of the things that might lead me to keep it is that the Warble control has a big effect on your sound when you’re double-tracking or stereo-izing something and there are no delay repeats.

With the Volante, Mechanics and Wear are only pronounced on the longer, decaying repeat trails. (Maybe there’s a way to do it? I dunno.)

I was hoping they would pair well together. I find that the Deco really fattens up my guitar tone, so I’ve become quite fond of it for certain stuff.

I can’t wait to run the Volante through this gem that I recently found:

Mine of course is powered by Elektron tubes not electron tubes.

1 Like

Hot damn! Please report back on Deco into Volante.

I’d do it myself but I just spent three days cleaning, de-junking, reconfiguring and rewiring my studio.

If I see another 1/4” patch cable I’ll vomit.

3 Likes

Will do. The Volante isn’t available yet in Japan. I have preordered but, unfortunately, it won’t be here until March sometime.

This thing’s gaining traction in the back of my guitar playing delay obsessed mind… It has MIDI control, I have an Octatrack… :thinking: :smiley:

1 Like

I’m still trying to work out how to get 6 expression pedals into it thru midi.
Suggestions please.

Volante is causing me having GAS…Guitar Acquire Syndrome… Harley Benton HB35 or Epiphone SG G400… :thinking:

I fully support guitar buying. :wink:

I don’t know much about those particular guitars, but if it were me I’d probably go with the semi hollow. I need another semi hollow at some point. I stupidly sold a really nice one several years ago when I was moving.

Also, for me personally, I always buy guitars used. You can often find good deals that way.

1 Like

Those Harley Bentons are so inexpensive…the Behringer of guitars…no need to buy them second hand.

1 Like

It finally arrived. I’m hoping to spend some time with it this weekend. I think the lofi, reverse SoS will yield some great loops to sample with the DT.

8 Likes

Congrats!

I’m really wondering between this or a second hand Eventide TimeFactor… ? Hmm…

1 Like

between those, you should get better workmanship from Epiphone. Used those go for hardly anything.

Look forward to your reports, especially as a guitar player myself… I love delays. :slight_smile:

2 Likes