Strymon Deco

Anyone had a chance to try this out? I’m thinking of buying one to put at the end of my machinedrum & monomachine to saturate / give that thicker tape sound to the output. A guy posted a video of it on the md below:

Sounds really nice imo…

1 Like

I don’t buy many pedals but I had to have that one. :slight_smile:

It’s great…using it with synths (A4/OT/AR/Moog).

1 Like

Can you comment on the wow & flutter effect? Is it able to give you that nice drifty BoC type sound on your A4?

1 Like

Unfortunately, the right channel went out on mine…I only got to test it for a day before that happened.

Even in that short amount of time I can tell it will be used heavily in my setup…I ran bass guitar into it, then several different synths, as FX send, etc etc…then the stinking right channel went out and ruined my party.

I emailed Strymon so hopefully I can get a replacement soon.

The wow/flutter didn’t seem to be overly dramatic (going from min. to max) and it’s effect varies quite a bit depending on what mode you are on. I suppose that is what they were after though modeling the dual tape setup.

When I get my replacement I will record some audio demos of the wow/flutter throughout the different modes and settings with synth. audio.

guess it will be a while since Strymon doesn’t even have any stock, they told me to send mine back and they would work on it

apparently, the right input channel went out…kind of a bummer for a brand new device but it happens

I tried to get them to advance replace (cross-ship) and they wouldn’t do it.

I even said I would buy another pedal if they would heh (been wanting an el capistan).

I guess I get to see how good their customer support is (turnaround, etc).

1 Like

Did you ever get it back? Quite interested to hear some more synth demos of it, there seems to be very little online.

yep man, tell us something when it get back… 'cause this device looks nice. and there’s not a lot of demos w/ synth or drumachines…
have seen the TM404 on youtube:

[/quote]
That would be me. I use it immensely, even though I’ve got the Culture Vulture and various tape recorders.
It’s sooo easy to make it sound great on “anything”. I especially use it on my Machinedrum and Korg Volca Sample at the moment.

I’ll buy another one, I’m sure.

1 Like

aye, I will upload some sound samples this weekend

it is probably my favorite strymon pedal

1 Like

Thanks.

My right input channel just died on my Deco too … that’s so weird ?

My right input channel just died on my Deco too … that’s so weird ?[/quote]
This scares me…was yours fairly new or one of the first ones to come out?

I’m thinking of getting one…keep us updated.

strymon has stellar support, I wouldn’t hesitate

My right input channel just died on my Deco too … that’s so weird ?[/quote]
Did you check the jumper to see if it came loose?

My pedal is less than a month old, so it is fairly new !

The jumper isn’t loose and set to stereo. It fails intermittently: the right channel drops completely and it comes back after many power off/on.

Right before it happens, the right channel is weaker for some seconds then bye bye.

I mailed strymon, waiting for their input on the problem.

Good luck.

How did you like it before it went wrong? I’m really interested in it…

It is just pure DELIGHT ! whatever goes in it is just pumped up in a way, you really have to hear it to feel that thing. :heart:

I dont have a timeline so can’t attest but what i gather from info and youtube is that deco is more about the (harmonically rich and varied) saturation (and chorus/flang) that the timeline doesn’t do. But i could be wrong. Plus the deco only gives you maybe a couple seconds/repeats of delay.
Man. I’ll go try one out today.
what other tips do people have for getting warmth and pump?

1 Like

What comes with the saturation part is the tape compression that is just awesome sounding. The doubletracker part is also superb, really try both on anything, it has its uses for so many thing !

You can push it or use it very gently, this is where it shines, the subtle side of it. Deco is open for creativity :heart: