Struggling Octatrack Newbie Needs Advice

OT has a lot of pros and cons. Sometimes it feels like your always fighting the workflow. For me I tried to use OT as something standalone for along time. I also went from a DT to an OT and that’s how I used to use my DT. So for OT I tried just using slices and samples and constructing things off that, but I was always hitting walls.

But now I’ve realized that OT works best when it’s broken up. It’s not one huge box where you can do everything all the time (which it technically almost is) it’s really 5 smaller boxes (machines) that you can group together across 16 different spaces!

But I know the pain, and honestly it’s not something that HAS to work for you there’s plenty of other products out there that do something similar these days.

Also I started a similar thread awhile ago and got some pretty good advice from a lot of 'nauts. Good luck!

1 Like

This may be part of your problem. I find the utility of the OT to be that I can set it up for whatever need I have. Sometimes a sampler, sometimes a mixer or an effects processor or a midi controller. Not necessary to do it all at once, but possible.

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with the echo freeze delay. Is this done with the delay play-mode?

That 5-smaller-boxes idea is an interesting take. i’m undaunted, trust me, i’m too much of an Elektron head to give in. I was just looking for ideas to take me to the next level, and all these replies, including yours, @Johnthemoon, have been exactly what I was hoping for.

John Lennon famously said that life is what happens when you’re making plans. I don’t know if anyone here has ever said this, but it seems to me that life is what happens when you’re gassing for other gear. btw: i’m a novice musician but a professional gasser (gas-bag?).

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the echo freeze delay.

Manual sections 12.7.6 and Appendix B.12.

:eyes:

2 Likes