STROM for iPad

Well, you can’t recall several tracks at the same time, if I’m not mistaken, e.g. to start several tracks of the beat (but not the whole pattern) again after a break.

Plus it would give the ability to alternate on-the-fly between selective tracks from the four memorised patterns while keeping, say, an atmospheric pad in the background.

This would be an asset for live improvised performance.

But it was not a request, just a wish, in case it’s not difficult to implement and you consider releasing another update one day :grin:

1 Like

Ahh okok, so strom allows you to recall up to 4 pattn memories? That’s killer, didn’t realize this before!

it took me almost 2 years to find this… it is very useful and almost never mentioned on this forum!

1 Like

AND 4 memorized kits, it’s really good because you can take snapshots of kits to alternate between them later (a bit like scenes, but instantaneous and not so tedious to setup IMHO), or trying them on different patterns, whith different P-locked tracks

Nudging only the tracks you choose, on the range you choose is also terrific to create experimental breaks (and then get back to a memorised ‘master’ pattern)

1 Like

Anyone knows if I can resample from another app and if so how?

1 Like

Yes, you’ll need:

AudioBus
AudioShare
AudioBus compatibile sound source

Audioshare is a must have for any IOS Musician. It can record via the mic or from audiobus-capable apps (or just load up stuff via itunes/dropbox). You can even do some editing in Audioshare. So open AudioBus, Load compatible sound source app in source, then Audioshare in Desitination (you can also use effects in the middle). From there, record in audioshare. Once done, you can send the audio directly to STROM (via the built in IOS “share” or “send to” feature).

5 Likes

Hi Void,
Was there any developments in using 5 Pin MIDI with STROM? I have a Griffen StudioConnect that would be the perfect all around IOS companion for the RYTM if only I could use the 5 Pin Din connections.

I can’t seem to decide between Strom and Samplr + SDS drop, due to a couple of recurring bug on the normal version of Strom I’m unsure about pulling the trigger on the Rytm version.
Is the Rytm version fully working and stable?

since ios 10.2 strom (or my noname cck) doesnt get reckognised by the ipad. anyone having the same problem?

Updating had some issues, for me it helped to delete and reinstall strom

Are there maybe some news about iConnectMIDI support?

just got an ipad4 on the cheap and wish to integrate Strom
would someone quickly advise if i require a “genuine” lighting to USB camera connection kit or whether a generic cheaper option would work?
thanks
D

I can use this app on an ipad mini, right?

I use it on an iPad mini 2

1 Like

Is it working fine for you after the latest Ios update?

I’ve not used it lately as my brother has ‘our’ Rytm.
I’ll try and get it back and let you know if someone doesn’t chime in earlier.
I usually hold off on updating my iPad for a couple of months after a new OS but got sick of being reminded.
Oh the horror of iOS 10!
How dare they use face recognition on my photos! Twats

Worthless info really but Strom behaves like it should standalone but again I’ll try it connected to the Rytm when I get a chance…

1 Like

The branded CCK is the only one worth a damn, unfortunately. It’s a bummer, but not worth messing around with generics.

1 Like

thanks
i guessed as much
anyone using the Focusrit itrack lightning with Strom?
would be interested to know how it threads together
whether it gives you USB midi and direct monitoring simultaneously to use Strom as a sample front end for RYTM
which is what i ideally
D

Is there a particular topic explaining how storm work? I plugged it just a few time but don t understand anything!!

2 Likes