STROM for iPad

actually not a bad idea…some expert with the video tools in here can do this?
…would be cool.
and actually i kinda figured out most of it (i think? like many of you probably)…but still feel like there are surely things that i haven’t discovered in Strom. so if it’s in that direction, even more awesome. :+1:

actually not a bad idea…some expert with the video tools in here can do this?
…would be cool.
and actually i kinda figured out most of it (i think? like many of you probably)…but still feel like there are surely things that i haven’t discovered in Strom. so if it’s in that direction, even more awesome. :+1: [/quote]
Yes of course, it was a good idea. May be some manual would be easier (but longer) to do for those not used to video tools - because there is two devices to catch at the same time, and i don’t feel it very easy to do, to be “clear” in the visible result.

Read some incredible comments round here.

Asking for a manual or tip video - in the most gentle way from the beginning - , give alert about some bugs or misuses, celebrating Void’s work and thank him, reminding some requests, and you have to pay the price : being almost insulted by an hysterical fan-clown that stuns us with a speculative tragical romance, find “haters” - where are they hu ? If Void had problems, we can easily understand it, no one merit to suffer your f*g 2 cents empathy lessons, because no one here is used to act like barbaric moron. You got it, dude ? [/quote]
yep, got it.[/quote]
Sincerely glad to hear that. We are therefore among intelligent people. Maybe this forum can evolve more positively and peacefully. :+1: [/quote]
maybe I blew off a bit too much steam… sorry[/quote]
Thank you for that TrabanT. Nice…and rare. :+1:

Ugh. Strom just killed 12 hours of work. Reverted several kits and patterns to an earlier state. All thr changes I made all day to kits, perfs, scenes, patterns etc. I wasnt even using Strom all day. Saved project and powered down. Sat down and turned back on, everything was good… hooked up strom…used the pattern gen to make skme quick pattern variations. Then after powering on again everything I did today was gone including the most recent pattern variations that Strom helped with. Reloading the project didnt help and either did reloading kits. Gig tonight. Such a bummer.

Great app in concept. Very dangerous to use. Dont think ill ever feel safe using this again unless this bug is explicity addressed. Makes Strom completely unuseable. :frowning:

Not trying to slag the developer’s personal life but…

Very bummed I spent the $20 for the app purchase and however much for the adaptor explicitly for the sample slicing only to be one of the people that discovered this feature had a serious bug and rendered the app useless to me.

I hope the developer makes good on his promise eventually. If I could get a refund the app and adaptor purchase I would…

This may be a noob question, but I have no idea how to use the rumoured 4 save slots at the top of the screen to save a kit/pattern before some serious tweaking and then restore it to its previous (pre-Strom noodling) settings.

How do you save the current state of a kit/pattern in the slots? Can’t help but feel I’m missing something really obvious! I’ve tried dragging things and touching things, but have no idea how to get anything into those slots!

(Void, I appreciate that you’re working on other things, but would it really take such a long time to produce a simple tutorial video for Strom? It is disappointing that you’ve seemingly abandoned a $20 IAP.)

Yeah this is unreal. I could care less about your personal life. Many people have dropped 20 bucks and this guy can’t even take the time to make a video? Rude if you ask me. And the bugs? If you go into a nice restaurant and you order something expensive and it’s not cooked properly do you think the chef is going to say sorry I’m busy now? Cmon guy get with the program… I’m surprised so many people think this is ok. I’m really mad at myself for supporting this guy.

It’s nice to see that you care somewhat about his personal life though…but yeah, Void, where art thou?

It’s nice to see that you care somewhat about his personal life though

He’s taking money from people for an application that doesn’t work; he has now transitioned into the realm of being a business, one man or not.
His personal life DOES NOT MATTER.
Had he released it for free, the backlash would be somewhat moot unless the product was destroying data or hardware.

People giving this guy a pass because he’s a single person is a little bizarre to me considering these are the same people who wouldn’t take this sort of behavior from Apple, Microsoft, Elektron, etc simply because they aren’t active on these forums.

Point blank; this person made a premium application and made it available for purchase in a store.
At that point that single person became a business and, therefore, their personal problems are completely immaterial.

His only recourse at this point is to either:
A) Fix the issues and continue working on the product to make sure it’s bulletproof for those that purchased it for the life of the OS. This means offering updates for new OS’ and architecture changes to current and future iOS devices and fixes for any bugs that will arrive in the course of doing so.
B) Take down the app and refund the money of everyone that has purchased the app up until this point and try again when it works 100%.

I agree that at the very least it is unethical to still have the App up for sale with extreme known bugs that render the advertised features as non-usable. I am not even aware of what the other bugs there are, but in my case, he seemed dumbfounded that I uncovered the slicing bug and that it would be an easy fix.

If you read I was very chill and patient about him “fixing it on the next update”… but it never happened. No I am searching for alternative software that I will have to spend money on.

If he isn’t going to at least get the product to “usable as advertised status” he should remove it from the apple and offer refunds to users.

Really for me, if he just fixed the slicing/export bug I would be fine with it as is… but otherwise it was a waste of around $60 that could have been put toward Renoise, Recycle or BeatCleaver.

maybe he will come on here every three months to tell us…

“Strom is not abandoned!”

and then abandon us…again.

lol

i don’t feel like giving him such a hard time…but what a time to just disappear. a lot of us just got the rytm…and part of the sell was this app. i mean…at least pass the app onto some other developer who has time to work on it or something like this. thinking about your customers is the decent thing to do.

I completely gave up on it a few months back. The lack of any support of any type really sucks for a $20 app. I can’t even figure out how to make it do what it is supposed to as there is no literature. From my perspective this guy made some money off of the RYTM hype and didn’t follow through for one reason or another. As a paying customer I really don’t care what his reasons were, product is weak so I’ve got a right to say it.

I’m not broke, and certainly don’t need this app to make music, so it doesn’t piss me off that much. Sure wouldn’t support anything else he did again until I saw some sort of existing long term support for said app.

From my perspective this guy made some money off of the RYTM hype and didn’t follow through for one reason or another.

To be fair, he’s been really active in the Elektron universe for a while.
He’s done some pretty great apps for the other Elektron units, but they were always just given away privately or used in demos on YouTube videos.

It kind of sucks because this was one I was really looking forward to, but then I decided to wait until I got a Rytm and luckily all of this transpired beforehand.

It’s odd how everyone thinks making iOS apps is just easy peasy and then you’ll get rich or something.
It takes tons of work and post-delivery maintenance for new, yearly devices and OS upgrades that break how everything works, etc.
That doesn’t even include the time it takes to properly document the app and to do testing.

For $25 I can get two premium soft-synths and an effects unit from a reputable company.
I’ll just use that money to do that.

yeah, it wasnt the best diplomatic move to respond to the crowd without delivering anything in the next months. i understand strom is not the kind of project u can cover all expenses (that is getting a decent salary back from the hours invested). further i can imagine non-AR purchases didnt go well.
in my view strom was pretty much completed from the beginning.
easy bugfixes and a quick manual shouldnt be too much work though. my recommendation: void, do that last bit and finish it…

plus, its not voids fault elektron did not show any motivation for updates so far as well.

Hey everyone,
I’ve tried to find an answer in the thread, but to no avail. SO my question is:
Is there anyway that the IAP works with a dock like the Istudio from Berhinger?
Someone seemed to say it worked with Focusrite dock, so I’m wondering…
Thanks

only works with CCK and standard iPad cable. I wrote him to see if he could make it work with the Alesis IODock 2…this is now class compliant. He never wrote back, but if he gets it working for one dock i would imagine the others would work as well, just need to make sure it is a class compliant dock.

Thank you for the reply, fingers crossed then. I love my AR more and more as it is anyway but it would be nice to add the app.

No prob, enjoy your Rytm…it’s a great machine.

i’m cringing at some of this stuff
way to go

welcome back jakob, missed your invaluable and engaging insights/chats from a time when Elektronauts wasn’t full of … well. … let’s just say it was more interesting, respectful, supportive and positive

Maybe he took his avatar VOID to seriously? He perhaps identified with the void and never wanted to incarnate into flesh and bones again?