STROM for iPad

any reason this:
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/dj-accessories/bags-cases-and-control-media/pricing-usb-cable-for-z1-s2-and-s4/
wouldn’t work for strom?

Might or might not work. 30pin & lightning cables are a bit weird, IIRC there has to be something resembling a DRM inside the cable for “Made for iOS” devices to work? Therefore these things only work with the gear they’re originally built for (do correct me if I’m wrong though)

Today i bought Strom, but it instantly Crashes at the startup. (Ipad air 2 ios 9.3.2)
Whats wrong?

thanks!! it’s super frustrating. I have 2 of those native instruments cords, and when it comes down to it, they stay put in the 30 pin connector slot better, it’s the same damn shit… and the camera connection kits are vanishing quick… I just need to getta new iPad… ugh…

Hi, sorry for the late response - I was off the grid this last week. replied via mail!

if anyone else has crashing problems with Strom - I tried to be clever with a security mechanism that’s in there since 1.0.0, but turns out it isn’t very smart. It may crash the app after an iOS or Strom update. To get it working again, you need to uninstall and reinstall the app. This is fixed in the next version.

3 Likes

I’m loving Strom (not upgraded yet).
A question though, is there a way to zoom in so I can set the grid to zero crossing and remove clicks and pops?

Hi there,

I’m a user of Strom and I’m always surprised there’s not more buzz about it on the web pages dedicated to the AR.

Thx Void for this.

I use Strom heavily because I only improvise on the AR, and the pattern/kit recalls (4 dots at the top) are really a great help for that (create a good pattern, save it, destroy it, recall to go back to normal)

In that connection, I wondered if it would be possible to add the functionality, for pattern recall, to only recall track that are selected on the 12 pads below. Say, only recall the kick and snare tracks from the saved pattern, and leave the others as they are, for example. That would really enhance the app, for me at least :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know how feasible or difficult it is on the technical level, though.

Cheers!

Can’t you already do this without strom? “reload track”

1 Like

Well, you can’t recall several tracks at the same time, if I’m not mistaken, e.g. to start several tracks of the beat (but not the whole pattern) again after a break.

Plus it would give the ability to alternate on-the-fly between selective tracks from the four memorised patterns while keeping, say, an atmospheric pad in the background.

This would be an asset for live improvised performance.

But it was not a request, just a wish, in case it’s not difficult to implement and you consider releasing another update one day :grin:

1 Like

Ahh okok, so strom allows you to recall up to 4 pattn memories? That’s killer, didn’t realize this before!

it took me almost 2 years to find this… it is very useful and almost never mentioned on this forum!

1 Like

AND 4 memorized kits, it’s really good because you can take snapshots of kits to alternate between them later (a bit like scenes, but instantaneous and not so tedious to setup IMHO), or trying them on different patterns, whith different P-locked tracks

Nudging only the tracks you choose, on the range you choose is also terrific to create experimental breaks (and then get back to a memorised ‘master’ pattern)

1 Like

Anyone knows if I can resample from another app and if so how?

1 Like

Yes, you’ll need:

AudioBus
AudioShare
AudioBus compatibile sound source

Audioshare is a must have for any IOS Musician. It can record via the mic or from audiobus-capable apps (or just load up stuff via itunes/dropbox). You can even do some editing in Audioshare. So open AudioBus, Load compatible sound source app in source, then Audioshare in Desitination (you can also use effects in the middle). From there, record in audioshare. Once done, you can send the audio directly to STROM (via the built in IOS “share” or “send to” feature).

5 Likes

Hi Void,
Was there any developments in using 5 Pin MIDI with STROM? I have a Griffen StudioConnect that would be the perfect all around IOS companion for the RYTM if only I could use the 5 Pin Din connections.

I can’t seem to decide between Strom and Samplr + SDS drop, due to a couple of recurring bug on the normal version of Strom I’m unsure about pulling the trigger on the Rytm version.
Is the Rytm version fully working and stable?

since ios 10.2 strom (or my noname cck) doesnt get reckognised by the ipad. anyone having the same problem?

Updating had some issues, for me it helped to delete and reinstall strom

Are there maybe some news about iConnectMIDI support?

just got an ipad4 on the cheap and wish to integrate Strom
would someone quickly advise if i require a “genuine” lighting to USB camera connection kit or whether a generic cheaper option would work?
thanks
D