STROM and SDS Drop, sitting in a tree

@benway aye, thanks again for reporting, hope to find time to fix next week!

1 Like

@dsrtfish interesting! Haven’t seen this happen here and tbh no idea why it’s happening. This is definitely not supposed to happen. Possibly related to benway’s issue, might maybe be caused by sending data too quickly (or similar)

@void this issue affects the USB connection as well. I guess that makes it from the Strom side of things rather than SDS ( if im not mistaken ). So even with USB it has this new stopping behavior.

@dsrtfish very strange! I can’t reproduce this. Possible that something in your specific setup causes it?

Can you check if this also happens when you use a completely fresh Rytm project with default settings?

If you want,shoot me over a sysex backup of your global & project settings? (c6, click receive, on Rytm: GLOBAL > SYSEX DUMP > ALL > ALL GLOBALS & ALL SETTINGS)

thanks!

mmhm are you on Rytm OS 1.30?

@void After starting a new project everything is in order. i also went back to the other project and seems to work! thx for the advice. will definitely be using Strom more often this update is epic :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a function to export sliced samples from strom to Audioshare or dropbox etc?

not quite, I.e. not automatically.
what you can do is hold down one slice, tap BOUNCE, export that slice, tap BACK, rinse repeat with other slices…

can look into that though!

2 Likes

Thank you quick reply.

It’s nice if there is an option that can export all slices at once.
Because slice quality of strom is accurate and wonderful!

2 Likes

Took me a while to figure out that my connection was incomplete due to not clicking a box.

But this is really amazing, sir! SO UNBELIEVABLY FAST! I keep thinking it’s going to take a while for the sounds to hit my pads, but its just there waiting for me!

Top notch work! Bad news is I was previously thinking about selling my RYTM and now you’ve put me in a position where I absolutely can’t!

(This is exponentially easier that sampling onto the OT!!!) Brilliant work!

3 Likes

Damn, this almost makes the RYTM an OT mk 2. I can’t get over how awesome this is!

2 Likes

:metal:

1 Like

Hi @void and hi to all you guys.
I’m sorry but I’m a bit confused. .so I got a (probably stupid) question for you.
I bought Strom a few months ago and I’ve always used the Strom internal finder to select a track from my music library of my ipad. .then I used to choose a time fragment from the track to import into the editor, and then enjoy its great slicing capabilities.
I’ve updated to 1.2 but I’m getting lost now. .
I’m not able to select an audio track from my music library anymore. I know that “import from the music library is currently also out” but, I’m not that much into iOS so, I can’t find any workaround.
I’ve tried to import from Dropbox but Strom takes always only the first 10" of the audio file so I’m no more able to select the portion of the audio file that i want to import into the editor.
I’ve tried to import from the app “Documents 5” but: I can see the music library into the app, and I CANNOT see the music library inside Documents 5 from Strom.

Can you help me please?

Thank you all.

2 Likes

Hi, not a stupid question at all and yes, unfortunately this is temporarily disabled. I wanted to release this update, but the music import thing was still pretty broken. I’m on iOS 10.2 beta and the music picker (the thing Apple provides to let you choose songs) doesn’t really work at all. I’ll have to wait until 10.2 gets released to fix this the way things look. So I decided to take music import out temporarily.

Again, sorry but this feature will of course come back soon!

edit: and yes, next version will always let you choose a segment for importing if the source sound is longer than the sample buffer.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the info Void, but, this means that strom is ‘out of order’ for me during this period?
(I’m glad to read that will come back :smile: )

How could I import audio to keep ok working with your awesome app? Should I use a second app to chop a snapshot from an audio track and then import into strom? Can you suggest me an effective solution please?

Sorry for all these questions man…I’m really new to this kind of stuff but I would master Strom as much as I can in order to get also the Rytm expansion since I got a Rytm and an OT here with me :slight_smile:

Edit: thanks for the info about next version :wink:

1 Like

personally I like the AudioShare app by Kymatica:

not free but totally worth it for managing audio files, and can import from the music library.

1 Like

Oooooooooooook thanks, I’ll give this app a check :smile:

PS: When you believe that you could release the update? Any idea?

1 Like

Whenever Apple releases iOS 10.2 - I guess in a few weeks, maybe a month.

1 Like

Thanks again for the support :smile:

1 Like

amazing software and fab innovation, the wireless works perfectly between the two - thank you so much void. I’ll write a review.
I love the crtl all Function !

2 Likes

@void Hi Jakob! Just a question (…that I guess someone has already made…)

Could be possible to implement a feature to export all the slices into one ‘tap’. Something like ‘export all slices to…’ into the I/O menu.