STROM and SDS Drop, sitting in a tree

so there’s STROM 1.2.0 for iPad:

and SDS Drop 1.1.0 for Mac:

what’s new?

• You can now use STROM with your Rytm :boom:wirelessly​:boom:, as long as your Rytm is connected to your Mac. You need SDS Drop to establish the connection. This wireless setup is faster and more reliable than the direct USB connection to the iPad. Launch both apps, be in the same wifi, there is no step two. Stick your iPad in a dock or whatever.

• lots of STROM bug fixes & cleanup. The save/load stuff is simplified. Kicked out AudioCopy, included proper document picker import / sharing. (Caveat: import from the music library is currently also out - think the Apple code for that is quite buggy. Will see if it can make it in again)

• SDS Drop will now load the NONE synth into a track after sample transfer instead of just silencing the synth.

• SDS Drop now has an option to make a copy of the sound that’s created after sending a sample to a pad and auto-save it to the sound pool. You can also right click on a pad and do the same thing from there.

uhh think that’s mostly it. Get your hands dirty and let me know what you think. :muscle:

(mods: please let this topic stick around for the weekend. Free to merge afterwards! Thanks)

19 Likes

Good work there sir!

Cheers

PS is this a new loop in the updated STROM app? Digging it. Is it you on the AR?

1 Like

thanks! yup, an old stromified loop… don’t have the original anymore, formatted the +drive recently :scream: :grin:

best best best @void. ! is it possible to use the Zoom H6 with your App? as an Interface? shot one for 170 ,- today. can’t believe it. :wink:

2 Likes

thanks! yep, should work. STROM automatically switches to a connected audio interface. That’s a super deal you got!

1 Like

Oh crap it never even crossed my mind that I can use my H1 with Strom…

:aw:

1 Like

so… any issues?
interesting how many people download your app when it’s free :astonished:

1 Like

4,99 in Appland is too much. :wink:

1 Like

It works fine and very easy!
Thank you!
Great job!

2 Likes

void you are amazing! This work very nice!
Thanks.

2 Likes

awesome

2 Likes

cool cool.
If you have a sec, pls rate :star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️:star:️ that would be lush :sunglasses:
if you have a minute, pls leave a short review!

1 Like

Hi there … just purchased the Strom Rytm expansion … although, is it just me or does SDS Drop no longer work with the Rytm in overbridge mode?

thanks for reporting - it should still work, no changes on my side regarding that. But I’m on Sierra and don’t have OB installed. Will investigate. What does the status text in SDS Drop say?

Thanks for the reply. I’m still on El Cap - 10.11.6. It’s worked intermittently, since I hooked Strom up to it, but I’m now getting this error consistently.

I did send some settings to the Rytm via the Strom app pattern section, which I think is where the trouble began.

1 Like

thanks - I’ve seen wonkiness before I installed Sierra when OB was active and did STROM sysex tests wirelessly. Haven’t gotten to the bottom of that yet, but will fix.

It’s possible that the Rytm is more “sensitive” to MIDI sysex transfer rate when OB is active… when using STROM wirelessly, SDS Drop sends MIDI data at max available speed, it’s somewhat quicker than the direct USB to iPad connection. Probably need to tone it down a bit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Seems like overbridge is working fine in Sierra for most people, so I’m going to try installing and will let you know how I get on with SDS Drop. Wish me luck…

1 Like

Yeah, update went fine as far as I can tell, but same problem persisting with SDS Drop.

1 Like

Hey @void this update looks amazing! just downloaded it and the connection works great. I faced an issue that the app keeps stopping the Rytm every time it sends over a pattern or sound. before this update when i was using with the USB way it used to send patterns and randomizations without stopping the Rytm from playing which was a major plus. now i find myself restarting the rytm with play buttom after each adjustment. can you kindly let me know how to use the wireless connection and send stuff without having the Rytm to stop?

1 Like