Strange Times - Digitakt & Korg Monologue

I’ve made music for fun for years now (right back to C64 and Amiga days - yeah that old!) but never been that bothered for putting stuff out there.

Sidenote: Trackers were the thing back then so it’s interesting to see that come back around with the recent release of the Polyend Tracker.

Anyway this year has been the weirdest yet most productive I’ve had so far and like a lot of people I decided I couldn’t miss the opportunity in this lockdown to put something out on Bandcamp. There’s just so much useful content out there at the moment to help the process so there’s no better time.

So this is my first release on BC made predominantly with the Digitakt and some additional sound from a Korg Monologue and a couple of instruments and fx added in the daw.

I tracked the main pattern into Ableton and recorded some control all transitions through the majority of the track. This was layered with other sounds and instruments and then the main pattern brought back at the end with a couple of pattern changes to add a melodic climax.

1 Like