Strange bug: Track 8 is totally silent

Yes, weird, today, i lost the 8th track,
it doesn’t matter if it’s flex, static, thru, etc.
there is no sound coming out
across all projects as well
I tried FUNC+Boot Option 2. Empty Reset
Help! Oh nooooooo :frowning:

Check main settings, ‘cue mutes track’
Also check solo/mute states.
Check scenes.
Check arranger mutes.
And lastly… check amp vol, xfader level, track level.

1 Like

It’s definitely a bug. I use the mixer to mute tracks and the track was shown lit.
When I toggled FUNC T8 to cue/mute the track, it came back.
Thanks for triggering this and saving my machine.

Not sure this is a bug. I use this all the time to do a full mute of my OT output as a performance technique.

1 Like

Please clarify. Do you have audio from your T8 now?

If you hit the MIX button and perform a cue/mute by FUNC+Track, you will notice the track number on the sequencer go lit and unlit. I had the same issue in multiple projects. Since, I don’t use the CUE/MUTE technique, i can confirm that at all times my mixer mode was showing everything lit.

yessir.

What is the bug, if you have audio now?
We should be able to reproduce it to say so.

“Is my machine faulty?” is an OT classic.

5 Likes

I think, it’s exceedingly self-explanatory why the whole incident is an anomaly.
Not sure what you mean.

By the way, i have been reading up a lot about your expertise in OT and midi implementations, that’s cool, you got that under your belt. I am currently battling with MC8, a terrific piece of equipment, well, more like battling with OT and its vague manual. :slight_smile:

Me neither! :content:
Just meaning with OT there are many parameters that can cut the sound, better to check them all carefully before saying it’s a bug…many users including me had their “wtf no more sound” moments with OT.

3 Likes

Just tonight I had two moments like that…in one, the track didn’t play back anything, drove me crazy till I realised that the lp filter had been turned down all the way. :man_facepalming:t2:

And then moments later on another track, a trig wouldn’t trigger its sound properly and I was like “wtf, what now?!” …turns out I had the attack (Amp) on that track turned way up lol.

In both scenarios my mind immediately went to “well, box must be broken!” Lol. The OT is an amazing device to practice composure and lateral thinking with :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I had one the other day… no sound from the Digitone, couldnt figure it out… moments of confusion then facepalm as I noticed I had unplugged the midi cable from the OT while tidying up… doh! Laugh… carry on!

2 Likes