Stopping Sample Looping before full playback on the M:S (Newbie)

When a chord sequence plays is there a way to stop the sample re-playing until the samples finished playing?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I did check the manual but couldn’t find this (Unless I missed it or misunderstood the wording?)

This is just for one track too.

I’m assuming you have one sample that is playing the full chord sequence, and that you do not have the loop function enabled.

To prevent your sample from resetting before it completes, you’ll need to know or figure out the BPM and bar length of your chord sequence.
–Place one trigger at the beginning of the first bar (or wherever the chords are first supposed to come in).
–Set your BPM
–Open the Scale Menu [Func+Page]
–Set MOD to Pattern or Track depending on your needs
–Set LEN equal to the number of bars you need times 16 (e.g. 64 for 4 bars)
–If you need more than 4 bars, you can set the SCL to 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 to reduce the playback speed by these fractions

Please let me know if I misunderstood what you are looking for. For more details on the Scale Menu, see page 27 of the manual (section 8.11)

1 Like

I think you’ve solved it but need to try again on a fresh project because I ended up messing with things I didn’t understand.

I’ll have another go as what you’re saying makes sense it is a 4 bar chord sequence. I’ll then have to program drums/other elements across the four bars as well I imagine. Really appreciate that as I was getting ready to launch it out of the window :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. Please do let me know if this works for you!

You can actually set the mode (MOD) to be at the track level or the pattern level, so you could set the whole pattern to be 4 bars, or you can set track lengths individually (T1 at 4 bars, T2 at 1 bar, etc). One of the cool things about the Elektron sequencer

1 Like

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I just need to work out how I’m going to use it in a jam setting to make Lo-Fi House with. I’m teaming it up with a Volca Sample.

I don’t even think I’ve scratched the surface yet ha.

1 Like