Stillness Before Dawn [Ambient/Chillout] A4/Rytm/AH/Circuit

This song is written to describe a special memory: my wife enjoying the peace before the dawn with her horse, watching as light battles darkness to emerge with victory at the start of a new day - eternity captured in a single moment.
This live performance is performed with ‘hardware only’ - but I wanted to use the Elektron Analog Rytm’s sample playback capacity for longer samples, pads and melodies, as the original version of this track was created in Ableton, using a violin line written with East West’s “Gypsy” sample library for that rustic feel. Some other atmospheric samples were sequenced in Ableton Live (choirs, bells) and were exported with separate L/R channels which I play on the BD1 and SD1 tracks on the Rytm, and toggle using ‘scenes’ to switch the samples that play back.
The performance shows a lot of automation on the Elektron devices with parameter locks and trig conditions.
The middle section describes a moment of beauty and clarity - where the world drops away. The heartbeat and breathing samples for this were exported to the Novation Circuit and modulated using the sequencer. I chose 70bpm for this track since it is my wife’s resting heart rate.
I hope you all enjoy this next track, as I use these videos to explore and demonstrate the capability of these amazing instruments.

Devices Used in the Performance:

• Novation Circuit
  • Elektron Analog Four / Rytm / Heat
  • RANE MP2015
  • DBX 166xs compressor (used primarily as a limiter on this track)
  • Stereo Recorder (Zoom H4n Pro)