Stickers that come with gear

What does everyone do with the stickers that always come with new gear? I’ve started a montage on an old desk in my studio.

note: I do not have a Prophet 10. Is that cheating?

1 Like

Stick them on the longboard, toolbox, instrument case.
I did use a good bit of the set that came with the MC on it. Kind of invites it.

3 Likes

I have two sticker bomb projects, my gear table and an old footlocker I had as a kid.

2 Likes

Recently had to peel a heap off a guitar case that I sold, R.I.P Stickers, years of proof of purchase and good taste down the drain hahaha

If it hadn’t been a custom case for a $4k guitar I wouldn’t have bothered but it is what it is.

2 Likes

Water bottle or laptop. I also shove em on the back of my phone case.

3 Likes

I’ve filled up my Elektron lids with various stickers over the years.

Now that they’re full though, I put most of them on a backdrop I sometimes use for videos, but that’s also filling up. I just got a new computer (a PC! gasp) so I’ll probably cover that because it’s a gaudy “gaming PC” with a transparent side and everything.

edit: the drawback of this is that I no longer own much of the gear created by the manufacturers whose stickers I’ve used, haha :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Stick them on the desk to cover the horrible cheap veneer.
I do need to up my sticker game though, I need to buy a batch from somewhere!

2 Likes

I did this but after a few years I didn’t like how it looked and stripped them all off again. :man_shrugging:

Usually the kids get the stickers these days, they love the Intellijel robot ones. My daughter has a XAOC Devices sticker on her bunk bed.

2 Likes

I have one covering the Apple logo on my MacBook, he lights up too :slight_smile:

1 Like

i stick them on my (older) bike.

2 Likes

…i have decent stickers all over my laptops…to trash up the cleanish apple esthetics…
no logos in my world…i tend to cover up even elektron logos with plain gaffa tape snippets right out of the box brand new and shiny…

2 Likes

I used to put them on my longboard, but recently sold it, so need to find a new place to stick ‘em now.

1 Like

How many Hydrasynths did you buy?

9 Likes

My stickers go in a file along with gig tickets and random ephemera.

1 Like

ASM does not skimp on stickers.

8 Likes

I gather them. I don’t know why. Maybe I just didn’t find the perfect place.

2 Likes

I stick them on my Pontiac Firebird Trans Am, NASCAR-style.

Naw, I leave them in their box.

4 Likes

I leave them in the box for the new owner, on the off chance I resell the gear some day.

I do think they can look cool and add a bit of personality to a laptop, record box or other piece of gear though, but I don’t really have a visually artistic streak for achieving that look.

4 Likes

Ha. Only 1. ASM gives you too many stickers.

1 Like

I don’t usually like putting them on my things, as it feels a little like an endorsement or something. While I am here on this loosely Elektron forum, I also don’t want to pretend like these companies actually care, or that I actually care about them. Their products are simply a means to my creative end. I usually either just throw the stickers away, or paint over them and slap them around town.

Sweetwater stickers can easily be cut up to say twat, which is more useful then most to me.

11 Likes