Stereo pedal selection/signal chain advice

Apologies if you’re already aware of this but some settings on the Ottobit render it mono. Just mentioning as you specified wanting a stereo setup and this might be affected depending on those settings and where the Ottobit is in your signal chain.

I no longer have one so can’t be more specific.

2 Likes

don’t forget to throw some bread and butter mutltifx in the mix for whatever unforseen reasons, maybe an H9

3 Likes

Unconventional, but a SP 303 could be a fun addition in substitute for a multi fx. I mainly use mine like an effects processor, different bit rate depths while sampling, vinyl sim comp, tasty reverb. Super Stereo

Full Disclosure > Part of me wants to swap it out for the Generation Loss MK2.

ALSO LOVE THIS THREAD. I too am super bougie about stereo signal chain.

4 Likes

@Sleepynumb @captain8 you both figured me out

The plan is to mainly have the chain run into the SP 404 mk2 and make some fun samples to use and later slice and sequence. Probably also the digitakt at times if I feel like smashing that stereo signal to get further weirdness and out back into the pedal chain later.

With the patchbay idea from @Eak I could use it to as a sort of multi effect or flavor of the minute box. I hadn’t thought of getting a dedicated one to just leave in the path.
But honestly I have been looking for a reason to get a SP303

2 Likes

Oh I did not know, going to investigate hands on later. But I would assume it’s related to the pitch sequencer :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

that’s a great idea, that skipback feature will serve you well for catching sample fodder

3 Likes

The Reverbs on the MC have their Color but you have poor controls over them. A dedicated Reverb is essential. You never have too many Reverbs.

2 Likes

Man after my own heart :black_heart:

3 Likes

Boss RE-202 Space Echo.

3 Likes

Not sure if I should be glad or horrified that I’m not the only one who started a Pedal board due to Gen Loss 2!

I just received a Microcosm and have a Oto bam on the way… I think I will stop there though!

Edit: and yes @aaanicholls I think you need a reverb after MC, I didn’t like the internal reverb at all! Just my opinion though

4 Likes

Oh yes, good call.
Any opinions of TE vs a standard delay?
As I mentioned I have the nemesis which has some tape settings and I actually use those the most on that pedal by far.

I may end up selling my delay and replace it with the RE 202 unless I find some other settings I end up using more.

1 Like

It’s just another type of Delay in an arsenal. And now, it’s an affordable classic in a pedal format.

1 Like

I just got a meris mercury 7 and particle 2! Both stereo and they sound so damn good together!

3 Likes

First off thanks again for everyone who provided advice and details

Secondly, if anyone is interested or unaware @Artsutanav was correct. The Ottobit is full stereo with the exception of the use of the pitch sequencer and Stutter function. Both of those do sum to mono
The filter and gate sequencer are still stereo

Thirdly, the OBN Float is pretty awesome. I can already tell that this pedal is the perfect reason to have them all hooked up to a patchbay. The Float is likely going to keep floating around and will be moved to different parts of the chain at whim, to carve out specific tones

2 Likes

My Cioks DC-7 came today so I can power my Mood, Boum and Rat. And I have four other outlets asking for something to power with their little LEDs. Oops.

2 Likes

Did you choose that power supply over others for a specific reason or feature?

I have been working from individual power cables, and I will soon have to get a dedicated power supply also.
I was originally looking at the Strymon Zuma 9 or the Voodoo labs pedals power plus 3 but that’s just based on them being popular option for standard pedal boards

I’ve got a Zuma 9 and it’s been great. Will be getting a DC7 to power Bim, Bam, Boum and a few other pedals (can’t do that with the Zuma!)

1 Like

Can you do that with pedals and a patchbay then? How’s it work with a balanced patchbay and unbalanced pedals?

Valid questions that I am not completely sure about. I have a patchbay that does support balanced cables.
I am going to do some research on the pedals I have currently to confirm they are all balanced connections but not something I had paid much attention to previously

1 Like

Be interested to hear! I just bought my first patchbay and I’m the middle of planning it. Come to the conclusion I should really get two to open up all the possibilities I want to. Id not considered guitar pedals connected directly to the patchbay, but figured I’d use a reamp pedal I have anyway (that’s balanced).