Stereo filter via MachineDrum inputs?

Quick question for the Elektronauts brainstrust - is it possible to process the MachineDrum’s A/B input track effects together in stereo? Or alternatively, can I set up two knobs to manually adjust filter and resonance on two input filter follower machines?

I’d like to use the MachineDrum as a stereo filter by sending a stereo signal from my mixer to the MachineDrum’s input filter follower machines and then routing the outputs back out to the mixer. I understand that a machine can only handle a mono signal, so I’ll need to set up two machines, one for each input. However, I can’t work out whether I can tie the filter and resonance controls together on both machines - the only options seem to be (i) routing an LFO to both machines (which doesn’t give me manual control) or (ii) using a CTR-AL machine (but this will change the filter settings on all machines, not the two I set up to process the inputs).

Is there any way I can use two knobs to manually adjust filter and resonance on both machines so I can get a realtime stereo filter out of my MachineDrum?

I reckon you’ll have to use a control machine and adjust them parallely

3 Likes

yes, a Ctrl-8p … aka Control 8 Parameters

the first screen gives access to 8 parameters to control of other trig machines

the second screen allows the assignment of these 8 parameters

two input follower machines should be created, one panned left, the other right, in the third screen where the individual volume is … although you already know that part.

try and keep that individual volume closer to 12 0’clock than say further right. midday is unity gain.

5 Likes

OK - thanks for the quick replies. So basically I can’t do this with CTRL-8P:

• P1 - mapped to INP-FA FFRQ and INP-FB FFRQ
  • P2 - mapped to INP-FA Q and INP-FB Q

But I can do this:

• P1 - mapped to INP-FA FFRQ
  • P2 - mapped to INP-FB FFRQ
  • P3 - mapped to INP-FA Q
  • P4 - mapped to INP-FB Q
1 Like