Status update on Overbridge [posted May 2018]

this

2 Likes

Itā€™s been discussed a few times and itā€™s nothing to do with processing power but purely down to the later devices being better designed in terms of isolating the audio side from noise from the USB traffic, remember that the original OB devices were conceived before OB was implemented first time around - itā€™s not clear from what I recall of forum chatter whether the AK was improved in this regard or solely improved in other regards, but I tend to think itā€™s probably another throttled USB2 device (running at 1.1 bandwidth) as per the A4/R mk1s

3 Likes

ohyou

1 Like

This. 100%.x2
Its truly sad that rytm mk1 users are being ignored for sooooooo long, 4 years is far too long and the sample part of rytm mk1 was such a big talk but we cant even have a proper sample managerā€¦for 4 yearrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssā€¦4giveme elektron but commmmmmmmonnnnnnnnn specially now that we know that its ready and we have to wait for another overbridge(that some of us dont even need) which Cenk said has been pushed into infinity is totally unfairā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d like to have a DAWless OB that could convert the CV track from my AK into a midi(USB) out from my Mac. Even if it is only the CV ABCD lines.

whats the point of going DAWless then using OB. youre still tethered to a computer.
i thought the whole point of going ā€œDAWlessā€ was to free yourself from the computer.

ā€¦its like wanting eggless scrambled eggs :confused:

i love Logicā€¦its a super easy to use multitrack tape recorder.

5 Likes

You really enjoy being rude, donā€™t you? The point of having a dawless version of the Overbridge software is to have an easy to use patch librarian and editor. There are lots of those types of software out there for a myriad of synths so itā€™s not outside of the scope of reason that such a thing could exist for a product that is already having a software interface built for it.

1 Like

if you want to read it that way.
just a question man. a legit one i think.

Well hopefully my reply answered your question :slight_smile:

againā€¦you speak for many and not yourself.
get out of your own head man.

you chose to read it from and angry perspective. try not to.

:clap:

No issues being connected to a computer. I like being connected to a big screen librarian and having additional ā€œunder the hoodā€ parameters available (especially for a Minitaur). And, Iā€™m just crappy at DAW. Always been a keys player, or arpeggiator abuser.

Itā€™s just that I started using Elektron in late December and couldnā€™t get any DAW and OB to always work together on my computer, and they still wonā€™t recognise my ARmk1.
The news that OB will go ā€œstand-aloneā€ (like those Iā€™ve been using for Nord, DSI and Moog), will hopefully iron out the interface problems Iā€™m having.

Unreliable, if working at all OB interface, and the Elektron menu diving has been a nightmare for me after 20 years of ā€œ1 knob 1 functionā€ bliss. But Iā€™m getting there.

1 Like

Digitakt sample library management. Personally I donā€™t use a daw but Iā€™m hoping that OB has a more comprehensive sample management system than the transfer app.

2 Likes

Disagree more agreeably, no need to be personal, comments like this tend to escalate

I agree 100% on the benefit of an OB plug-in running out of the DAW, so much so I tried (a while back) to build my OB environment around a simplified personalised workflow in Max/MSP - I had to give up as the graphics handling of the VST in Max was infuriating (fine with all other plugins btw), but Iā€™d have zero inclination to load up a bloated DAW just to capture main outs or design a sound or whatever - so the case for a stand-alone is undoubted - we canā€™t always agree, but it ainā€™t rude to merely disagree, letā€™s be civil :thup:

3 Likes

Access Virus TI
But just a synthā€¦well not just a synth but definitely not a sampler

2 Likes

Soo, my main takeaway from all this is that it might actually be possible to use the heat as a soundcard under OB2? That would be great actually, currently the latency and performance stability make this impossible on my system.

I think this sentence should be read more than once :

Weā€™re as eager to get our hands on Overbridge as you are. Most of us are musicians, too. In the meantime, keep making awesome music!

I had already talked about it but I find it unfortunate that people try to convince in any way the others or separate themselves into opposing camps. Because when I think about it the reasons for arriving at this result are rarely positive. And the worst is that we are all passionate about the same thing. If i can understand the battle to rise above the others, the claims of live performers for machines dedicated to this task and who may regret that such machines are not limited to this single task. Nevertheless, all the great successes of any style of music are rarely attributed to one and only one person. But rather to a group of people who have risen in terms of career each other gradually but surely (and all of them, benefit of that strategy at the end).

itā€™s the bridge of the arts in Paris (yes Iā€™m not off topic) where couples attach a padlock as a testimony of their love

Last thing : Live with your century !

even if you are over 40 years old

5 Likes

Unfortunately we donā€™t have the right to attach a padlock anymore on this bridgeā€¦no more love for this bridgeā€¦is this a sign for elektron bridge? :joy::rofl:

Overloaded more than Overbridge?

Try setting it to Rapid speed instead of high or highest in the OB settings. Helps!

1 Like